Subject: [iola-conversion-tool] Several problems with HTML agenda page

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 13:05:44 -0600

The HTML agenda still has quite a few issues that surfaced as part of 
the migration. Go to 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/83/agenda.html#RAI and open up the 
"Select working group sessions" section.

Problem 1: You'll notice that the "GEN" column is empty. It should 
contain "antitrust," "rpsreqs" and "rfcform."

Problem 2: Neither of the plenaries are rendered. Previously, the 
plenaries were always displayed. Under the current system, they appear 
to have been classified under "gen," along with the edu sessions ("Tools 
for creating internet-drafts tutorial" and "Newcomer orientation"). All 
four of these blocks should be rendered by default.

Problem 3: There is a mystery block from 12:30 to 13:50 on Friday in the 
room "Maillot."

Problem 4: Although it does not show up on the 83 agenda, there is 
something wrong with the characterization of the IRTF meeting for IETF 
82 (see https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/82/agenda.html#RAI) such 
that it is displayed by default. If this is simply a data import error 
for IETF 82, then it's no big deal. I'm worried that it might resurface 
in future agendas, though, so we do need to at least understand why it's 
being displayed all the time (rather than being considered an IRTF meeting).

Problem 5: The multi-draft PDF function appears to have been broken. Go 
to https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/agenda.html#tsvwg and scroll 
down to the TSVWG session. Just above the agenda, on the right, click on 
the "pdf" link. Instead of getting a PDF file, you'll get a 404 error. 
This is true also of the tar file link right next to it.

/a

---

From: Ole Laursen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 21:43:23 +0100

Hi,

Thanks for the thorough report! I believe the first 3 issues have been
fixed recently. I suspect Henrik will deploy the fixes soon.

2012/3/5 Adam Roach <[email-masked]>:
> Problem 4: Although it does not show up on the 83 agenda, there is something
> wrong with the characterization of the IRTF meeting for IETF 82 (see
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/82/agenda.html#RAI) such that it is
> displayed by default. If this is simply a data import error for IETF 82,
> then it's no big deal.

The data looks fine to me, but the proxy didn't handle the IRTF group
specially. It looks like the old code was giving it an area of "irtf".
I've fixed the proxy to do the same (will be online when Henrik
deploys it).

> Problem 5: The multi-draft PDF function appears to have been broken. Go to
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/agenda.html#tsvwg and scroll down to
> the TSVWG session. Just above the agenda, on the right, click on the "pdf"
> link. Instead of getting a PDF file, you'll get a 404 error. This is true
> also of the tar file link right next to it.

I was really confused by this, but it turns out it works fine for
meeting 82. So I think the problem is that this part of the code isn't
querying the session for the agenda path, but trying to deduce it in
various ways which now fail with the newly uploaded agendas. I'll see
if I can get that fixed tomorrow, it's getting a little late.

Ole

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 23:36:41 +0100

> fixed recently. I suspect Henrik will deploy the fixes soon.

I've deployed 2 of the 3 fixes.  There remains a problem with the fix
needed to show BOFs -- the fix gave them the same status as Active WG,
but this results in WG pages showing up for them, having no 'Proposed WG'
annotation.

> I've fixed the proxy to do the same (will be online when Henrik

Done.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Ole Laursen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 21:40:42 +0100

> if I can get that fixed tomorrow, it's getting a little late.

Yeah, the newly uploaded agendas don't follow the same naming pattern.
It turns out the agenda code had two places where it was trying the
various ways rather than just asking the agenda or session for the
name. I've fixed those now. This should fix the PDF/tarball downloads
as well as the iframe session agendas that pop up when you select a
group in the top group selector widget.

(This will be online when Henrik has deployed it.)

You can check the progress on the BOF fix here

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/ticket/784

Ole