Subject: [iola-conversion-tool] New UTF database is being built -- betatracker has incomplete data.

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 21:31:49 +0100

Hi,

Robert discovered a problem a couple of days ago, which caused me to dig
into the database tables and lead to the discovery that the database itself
been created with default character set 'Latin-1' instead of 'UTF-8'.

We've created another database with the right default, and a few moments ago,
I started building the new database from the production data, with the
intention of switching the betatracker over to the new database by doing an
Apache reload only after the rebuild had completed.

However, testing the betatracker now, I find that it seems it has already
switched over, without me doing any Apache reload; which means that you will
see a tracker with incomplete data for the next couple of hours.  I regret
this, but I don't see any good alternative to pushing through, now that I've
started this.

Regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 23:17:07 +0100

The database re-build is complete.  The beta tracker is now running against
a UTF-8 database.  All recent code fixes have also been applied to the beta
tracker.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:21:39 -0600

Much better:
<http://trackerbeta.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-sync/history/>

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 01:25:36 +0100

> <http://trackerbeta.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-sync/history/>

Yes :-)
"North Capital"