Subject: Re: [Int-dir] Review of draft-ietf-dmm-lma-controlled-mag-params-02

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 19:10:04 +0000

Hi Dhananjay/authors,
  Any progress on this? I would like to get this moving soon.

Thanks
Suresh

On 12/22/16, 4:35 AM, "Int-dir on behalf of Dhananjay Patki (dhpatki)" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    Hello,
    
    Thanks for the review. We will address the comments and get back with a new version of the draft.
    --
    Regards,
    Dhananjay

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
    Date: Wednesday, 21 December 2016 at 11:51 PM
    To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
    Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
    Subject: Review of draft-ietf-dmm-lma-controlled-mag-params-02
    Resent-From: <[email-masked]>
    Resent-To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, Dapeng Liu <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
    Resent-Date: Wednesday, 21 December 2016 at 11:51 PM
    
    Reviewer: Ralph Droms
    Review result: Ready with Issues
    
    Major issues:  None
    
    Minor issues:
    
    The mechanism described in this document is fairly simple.  I
    recommend that the specific semantics of the use of the parameter
    options should be explained with greater clarity to ensure correct and
    interoperable implementations.  For example, I found the description
    of LMA behavior in section 5.1 to be quite convoluted and confusing. 
    Putting the "if...then...else" construct in two bullets seemed obtuse.
     In the first bullet, the LMA "SHOULD include" the sub-option.  Are
    there circumstances under which the LMA would not include the
    sub-option and, if so, what are those circumstances?  Can the LMA
    decide, perhaps for efficiency, to return the sub-option in only, say,
    one of ten responses to the MAG?
    
    Is there a specific reason for encoding the LAM Controlled MAG Session
    Parameters as sub-options under the LAM-Controlled-MAG-Parameters
    option?  Will additional sub-options be defined in the future?
    
    Editorial issues.
    
    For clarity, the document should use acronyms and names for system
    components in a consistent way: use acronyms throughout and expand the
    acronym on first use.  For example, LMA and "local mobility anchor"
    are used interchangeably throughout the document, which this reviewer
    found to be distracting.
    
    What is the expansion for "PBU"?
    
    The use of the "Configuration Variables" defined in section 4 is
    repeated in section 5.1.  To avoid internal inconsistency, I recommend
    that the use of the variable be described only once, with internal
    pointers to that text from other places in the document.
    
    In section 6, it would help the reader to include the name of the
    registry to be modified in the first bullet.  

    
    _______________________________________________
    Int-dir mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/int-dir