Subject: Re: [httpwg/http-extensions] better clarify the differences between H2 server push (#375)

From: HTTP issue updates <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2017 21:29:26 -0700

@kazuho pushed 1 commit.

2a1688d  "might consume less bandwidth" to avoid confusion

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/375/files/e086bf6e4e4e042fd1b88a47982c8404ba71cf74..2a1688d33746f323972a68f9fe0d5cf83de3fdfb

---

From: HTTP issue updates <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2017 04:31:33 +0000 (UTC)

martinthomson commented on this pull request.

> @@ -66,11 +66,9 @@ The dilemma here is that even though it is preferable for an origin server to se
 soon as it receives a request, it cannot do so until the status code and the full header fields of the
 final HTTP response are determined.
 
-HTTP/2 ([RFC7540]) server push can be used as a solution to this issue, but has its own
-limitations. The responses that can be pushed using HTTP/2 are limited to those belonging to the
-same origin. Also, it is impossible to send only the links using server push. Finally, sending HTTP
-responses for every resource is an inefficient way of using bandwidth, especially when a caching
-server exists as an intermediary.
+HTTP/2 ([RFC7540]) server push can accelerate the delivery of resources, but only resources for which the server is authoritative.
+The other limitation of server push is that the response will be transmitted regardless of if the client has the response cached.

s/if/whether/

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/375#pullrequestreview-54278023

---

From: HTTP issue updates <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2017 05:41:28 +0000 (UTC)

@kazuho pushed 1 commit.

8168216  grammar fix

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/375/files/2a1688d33746f323972a68f9fe0d5cf83de3fdfb..816821662dfb84197adf5bf0d2fe427fd64809d1

---

From: HTTP issue updates <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2017 22:42:04 -0700

kazuho commented on this pull request.

@martinthomson Thank you! Applied the change in 8168216.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/375#discussion_r131315295

---

From: HTTP issue updates <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2017 22:24:02 -0700

Merged #375.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/375#event-1194797166