Subject: [httpwg/http-extensions] settings parameter to indicate support for CACHE_DIGEST (#340)

From: HTTP issue updates <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 23:29:00 -0700

The PR introduces a new SETTINGS parameter that can be used by a server to notify if (and how) it makes use of the CACHE_DIGEST frames.

You might find the discussion about how to use the parameter interesting. The text of the PR, under the assumption that the underlying transport will be TLS 1.3, suggests:
* to wait for `SETTING_CACHE_DIGEST` SETTINGS parameter when doing a full handshake
* retain the value of the parameter in the TLS session cache
* and reuse the cached settings parameter value when doing 0-RTT resumption

Resolves #229.

You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/340

-- Commit Summary --

  * settings parameter to indicate support for CACHE_DIGEST

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-digest.md (20)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/340.patch
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/340.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/340