Subject: [hackathon] Alternative southbound interface to flow enabled network bridges

From: Vladimir Vassilev <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 02:44:50 +0200

Hi,

I have added a new YANG/NETCONF project to the wiki. I will be working 
on an alternative southbound interface to flow enabled network bridges 
(conceptually identical to OpenFlow but with YANG model and using NETCONF).

The idea was earlier posted on the opendaylight-users mailing-list 
https://lists.opendaylight.org/pipermail/opendaylight-users/2018-June/000845.html

The project consists of 3 tasks:

1. Design and publish draft with YANG model of a flow enabled network 
bridge.

2. Device (server) side model implementation - loadable module for some 
of the available opensource  NETCONF servers implementing the model for 
a OpenFlow device as a proxy controller with a single node.

3. Controller (client) side  plug-in implementation - yangflowplugin for 
ODL interacting with NETCONF mounted nodes implementing the YANG model 
that ideally can coexist with openflowplugin.

Anyone with feedback or interest to contribute is welcome. See you tomorrow.

Vladimir