Subject: [hackathon] Hackathon project: loss-latency tradeoff

From: "Fossati, Thomas (Nokia - GB/Cambridge, UK)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 08:06:22 +0000

Hi all,

Loss-Latency tradeoff

§  Champion(s)

§  Thomas Fossati ([email-masked])

§  Background

§  We came out of the ACCORD BoF with the action to go and get more data to inform the discussion on implicit/explicit cooperation between endpoints and the network. This project aims exactly at that: gathering the missing data that can resume that conversation.

§  Specifications

§  https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-you-tsvwg-latency-loss-tradeoff-00

§  Code repo

§  https://github.com/mami-project/one-bit-experiment/tree/master/docker

§  Project and Goals

§  Project goal is to measure the effects of two different kinds of queueing disciplines (LLT and AQM) when applied to “interesting” traffic mixes. The traffic mixes in question comprise low-latency and greedy flows competing under near-congestion.

§  Concrete things to work on, in order of importance:

§  Add an AQM setup;

§  Refine traffic mixes and measurement harness;

§  Measure LoLa vs AQM vs baseline;

§  Polish the LLT implementation.

Cheers, t