Subject: [hackathon] Hackathon project: OpenWSN

From: Tengfei Chang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 13:59:45 +0200

Dear all,

We’re planning to an OpenWSN session in IETF 99 hackathon to add more
features into OpenWSN project. E.g. we are going to integrate the RIOT into
OpenWSN stack implementation, build a remotely interoperability test
infrastructure based on OpenWSN and  new 6TiSCH dissectors  verified with
OpenWSN.

Everyone is invited to join us during the hackathon!

*OpenWSN *

   - Champion(s)
   - Tengfei Chang
      - Remy Leone
      - Jonathan Munoz
      - Malisa Vucinic
      - Thomas Watteyne
      - Project(s)
   - RIOT support: enable OpenWSN on RIOT platform.
      - F-Interop: The traditional interoperability test need vendors to
      sit down in a same room and perform the test with varies of tools. With
      F-Interop, everything will be done at home.
      - 6TiSCH Wireshark Dissector.
      - TBA

A little brief about OpenWSN project:

The *Internet of Things* enables great applications, such as energy-aware
homes or real-time asset tracking. With these networks gaining maturity,
*standardization* bodies have started to work on standardizing how these
networks of tiny devices communicate.

The goal of the OpenWSN project is to provide *open-source implementations* of
a complete protocol stack based on Internet of Things standards, on a
*variety* of software and hardware platforms. This implementation can then
help *academia and industry* verify the applicability of these standards to
the Internet of Things, for those networks to become truly ubiquitous.

Best Regard,

Tengfei

-- 
Chang Tengfei,
Pre-Postdoctoral Research Engineer, Inria

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 11:41:53 -0400

Tengfei Chang <[email-masked]> wrote:
    > features into OpenWSN project. E.g. we are going to integrate the RIOT
    > into OpenWSN stack implementation, build a remotely interoperability
    > test infrastructure based on OpenWSN and new 6TiSCH dissectors
    > verified with OpenWSN.

But, timewise, how does this interact with the plugfest?

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-

---

From: Tengfei Chang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 17:47:02 +0200

Hi Michael,

The hackathon and plugtest are two different sessions. We will only attend
the hackathon on Sunday.

Tengfei

---

From: Henk Birkholz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 17:51:03 +0200

> But, timewise, how does this interact with the plugfest?

How does anything not conflict at the pre-IETF weekend? :)

> _______________________________________________
> hackathon mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hackathon
>

---

From: Tengfei Chang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 18:14:41 +0200

Will they? :-)

The plug test happens on 14th and 15th July, IETF 99 hackathon is on 15th
and 16th July and we only take on 16th.

Tengfei

---

From: Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 10:01:00 +0200

We scheduled the 6TiSCH interop event such that it overlaps only one day
with the hackathon, giving us the opportunity to attend both, albeit only
Sunday at the hackathon.

-- 
_______________________________________

Thomas Watteyne, PhD
Research Scientist & Innovator, Inria
Sr Networking Design Eng, Linear Tech
Founder & co-lead, UC Berkeley OpenWSN
Co-chair, IETF 6TiSCH

www.thomaswatteyne.com
_______________________________________