Subject: [hackathon] presentations for hackathon

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2017 13:16:43 +0000

Hi Everyone,

I have uploaded the slides for this morning’s kickoff here. 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/hackathon/meetings/

If you have materials you would like uploaded, just send them to me and I will upload for you.

Cheers,
Charles

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2017 16:35:30 -0400

The ANIMA table was trying to set up a fake ACP using ULAs across the
wireless for one hop.  We failed, we think because the following packet was
blocked:

(we observed it leaving machine B, but not arriving at machine A)

16:29:17.578055 IP6 fd63:45eb:dc14::1 > 2001:67c:370:128:28cc:dc4c:9703:6781:
ICMP6, echo reply, seq 173, length 40

This would reasonably be explained by BCP38 filtering in the AP.

We tried adding an explicit L2 route:
   2001:67c:370:128:28cc:dc4c:9703:6781 via fe80::28cc:dc4c:9703:6781 dev wlp2s0
   metric 1024  pref medium

but, our guess is that the BCP38 is being implemented by the AP on L2 packets
too.

Not a problem; we brought a switch and ethernet cables for this reason.
Just wanted to know if this was in fact the problem we saw.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-

---

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 13:29:48 +0000

Hi Michael,

I don’t have a definitive answer for you yet. The folks providing the network for us have had to prioritize guest room wireless but will hopefully have to cycles to dig into this soon.

Cheers,
Charles