Subject: [hackathon] need more projects on hackathon wiki page

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 17:27:00 +0000

Hey Folks,

The hackathon and IETF 98 are only a little over a month away. We really need to get more projects listed here:
https://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/98hackathon

For those of you we have been lurking and thinking of championing something, now is the time to get your idea out there. You can always update it as you flush more ideas out.

I don’t forget to register for the hackathon asap as well:
https://www.ietf.org/registration/ietf98/hackathonregistration.py

Registration is separate from registration from the IETF meeting and is free. We really need to know how many people to expect to plan the room, food, and beer appropriately.

Cheers,
Charles

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2017 11:59:25 -0500

In the last two ANIMA-bootstrap weekly design team calls we had some
discussion about hackathon work.  We are mere milimeters away from
a pretty firm voucher specification: with that part nailed down the
bootstrap protocol is essentially done.

We have identified a few places in the bootstrap process where we think that
we will benefit from some interoperation and working together.  They are:

1) voucher creation, exchange and validation.
   (even if we are doing this with RSA keys and PKCS#7 S/MIME-like wrapping
   of JSON rather than the ideal "modern" EdDSA signed CWT objects)

2) Join Registrar / MASA interaction (we recognize we aren't close for March)

3) pledge / Join Registrar interaction (using EST)

4) Join Proxy/Join Registrar discovery (ACP and GRASP things)

5) Pledge/Join proxy discovery (GRASP DULL, but we still have advocates
                     for using straight mDNS here)

I know that Brian had other things, and he already put some stuff at:
  https://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/98hackathon

and I've extended it with the above five points.

I note that the COSE/JOSE people lead by Jim Schaad, are also planning work,
and we have identified CWT as being an important voucher format, probably
it will be *the* format for the 6tisch version of bootstrap.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-