Subject: Re: [hackathon] Multipath TCP at the IETF'97 Hackathon and the bcfbis WG

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 17:09:33 +0000

Hi Olivier,

This is a great project for the hackathon. Thanks for championing it and adding it to the wiki. I am including the hackathon list so others are aware of it and can join as well. If you have not already, please subscribe to the hackathon list to get all the latest updates as IETF 97 approaches.

Check out wiki: https://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/97hackathon 
Subscribe to list: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hackathon 

Cheers,
Chares

On 10/17/16, 8:00 AM, "Olivier Bonaventure" <[email-masked]> wrote:

    Dear Keith and Charles,
    
    During the next IETF meeting in Seoul, we organise a hackathon to allow 
    application developpers to learn how they could use the new enhanced 
    socket API for Multipath TCP that is being discussed within the 
    Multipath TCP working group. We believe that this socket API will enable 
    application developers to efficiently control how their applications 
    could interact with Multipath TCP. Some ideas about this API are already 
    documented in

    https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hesmans-mptcp-socket-00
    
    and
    
    https://irtf.org/anrw/2016/anrw16-final16.pdf

    We will release the Linux kernel patches for this enhanced socket API in 
    the coming week and would appreciate if you could pass this information 
    to the members of your WG who could be interested in expliring during 
    this hackathon the interactions between their implementation and the 
    Multipath TCP kernel code. They can either contact us by email or 
    directly add their intention on the hackathon wiki page :
    
    https://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/97hackathon
    
    Best regards and thanks again for your help,

    Olivier Bonaventure
    
    -- 
    
    ------------------------------
    DISCLAIMER.
    This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended 
    solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. 
    If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. 
    This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the 
    individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not 
    disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender 
    immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and 
    delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient 
    you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any 
    action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly 
    prohibited.