Subject: [hackathon] Fwd: [Netconf] Announcement of Sysrepo project Netconf/YANG datastore project participation in IETF96 Hackathon

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 17:53:35 +0200

FYI.

Regards, Benoit

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[Netconf] Announcement of Sysrepo project Netconf/YANG 
datastore project participation in IETF96 Hackathon
Date: 	Fri, 10 Jun 2016 13:43:49 +0200 (CEST)
From: 	Mikael Abrahamsson <[email-masked]>
Organization: 	People's Front Against WWW
To: 	[email-masked]

Hello.

Sysrepo (http://www.sysrepo.org) is a free open source project that aims
to provide infrastructure to make devices/applications manageable using
Netconf/YANG. Development is done using Github. Mailing lists are
available here at (http://lists.sysrepo.org/listinfo).

Currently it consists of Netopeer2 (Netconf Server), Sysrepod (data store
daemon), Libyang (YANG validation library) and other components for
testing etc.

Sysrepo is right now under development, but what's already finished is
support for configuration data (running/startup) and RPCs. In the upcoming
months there will be support for operational data, notifications,
commit/confirm, and changes to support YANG 1.1. We also plan to add more
programming language bindings for applications that are controlled via
Sysrepo.

You can also use the Sysrepo libraries for standalone mode without having
a deamon running, just using files on disk for the configuraton.

Currently development target platforms are OpenWrt and other Linux
operating systems, but the goal is to be platform independent. We're in
the process of migrating previous work that created support for multiple
IETF standards model, to the new APIs.

Multiple Sysrepo developers/participants will be available at the
Hackathon at IETF96 to assist if there are any questions in how to get
started with Sysrepo, and we're currently talking to multiple parties who
will be attending and doing work on adopting applications to speak to
Sysrepo.

We have for instance done an example modification of "dnsmasq" to store
its configuraiton in Sysrepo and make it configurable by external means
using Netconf:

https://github.com/sysrepo/dnsmasq-sysrepo

Announcement including asciinema "video" here:

http://lists.sysrepo.org/archives/sysrepo-devel/2016-June/000103.html

We'd be happy to answer any further questions or thoughts/improvement
suggestions, either here, privately or if you subscribe to the Sysrepo
mailing lists and ask the questions there.

Thanks!

-- 
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Netconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf
.