Subject: Re: [hackathon] IETF 94 - Hackathon Information

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 23:01:24 +0000

The IETF 94 Hackathon is now just two weeks away. We still have space
available, so if you would like to participate please check out the
hackathon page and register now. Info and registration links are available
at:
https://www.ietf.org/hackathon/94-hackathon.html

Thanks to those who have volunteered to help out as champions. The current
set of technologies and proposed projects is on the wiki:
https://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/94hackathon

We are still accepting additional technologies and projects provided we
have champions for them. But time is running out so please contact me and
update the wiki with anything you’d like to see added. Just be aware that
if it is new, you need to be the champion for it.

Lastly, I will send an invite to all champions to synch up on preparations
and expectations for the hackathon and answer any questions you have.
Others are welcome to attend as well.

Hope to see you soon in Yokohama!

Charles 

On 9/30/15, 4:46 PM, "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Just a friendly reminder. The hackathon is only a month away.
>Registration is open, free, and independent of your registration for IETF
>94.
>If your name is not on the list below, you have not registered for the
>hackathon.
>https://www.ietf.org/registration/ietf94/hackathonattendance.py?sortkey=3&
>l
>ogin=%0A
>
>Several additional technologies, champions, and projects have been added.
>More are welcome.
>See the wiki for the current info:
>https://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/94hackathon
>
>The original announcement with additional links follows.
>
>Cheers,
>Charles
>
>On 8/31/15, 2:37 PM, "IETF-Announce on behalf of IETF Secretariat"
><[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]>
>wrote:
>
>>IETF 94 Hackathon
>>
>>The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) is holding a Hackathon at IETF
>>94 to encourage developers to discuss, collaborate and develop utilities,
>>ideas, sample code and solutions that show practical implementations of
>>IETF standards.  
>>
>>When: Saturday October 31 and Sunday November 1
>>Where: Pacifico Yokohama, Room TBD
>>Sponsored By: Cisco DevNet
>>Signup for the Hackathon:
>>https://www.ietf.org/registration/ietf94/hackathonregistration.py
>>More information can be found here:
>>http://ietf.org/hackathon/94-hackathon.html
>>Keep up to date by subscribing to:
>>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hackathon
>>
>>The Hackathon is free to attend and open to all. Extend the invitation to
>>colleagues outside the IETF!
>>
>>Here¹s what happened at the Hackathon in Prague at IETF 93:
>>Blog:  
>>https://communities.cisco.com/community/developer/opensource/blog/2015/08
>>/
>>03
>>Video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emZ-pIJLDlg&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>Currently the technologies that will be focused on at the IETF 94
>>Hackathon include:
>>* DHCP 4o6
>>* I2RS
>>* ICE
>>* NETVC
>>* SFC
>>
>>Descriptions and information regarding the technologies for the hackathon
>>are located on the IETF 94 Meeting Wiki:
>>https://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/94hackathon
>>
>>Don¹t see anything that interests you? Feel free to add your preferred
>>technology to the list, sign up as its Champion and show up to work on
>>it. Note: you must login to the wiki to add content. If you do add a new
>>technology, we strongly suggest that you send an email to
>>[email-masked] to let others know. You may generate interest in your
>>technology, and find other people who want to contribute to it.
>>
>>Be a Champion!  See:  http://ietf.org/hackathon/94-hackathon.html
>>
>>To request a wiki account, please click on the ³login² button on the
>>bottom right corner of the page, and choose ³register.² If you need a new
>>password please click on the ³login² button on the bottom right corner of
>>the page and choose ³Send new password.²
>>
>>The IETF is seeking Hackathon sponsors for IETF 95 and beyond. If you are
>>interested in more information, please contact Drew Dvorshak at
>>[email-masked]
>>
>