Subject: [hackathon] homenet in Hackathon

From: Markus Stenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 10:39:29 +0300

Heya,

due to personal reasons I will not able to be officially champion it as such (Fri arrival not an option, probably not around early on Sat either but will at least show up on Sat at some point and be there Sun) but I would like the homenet stuff in general to be added to wiki as a hacking option; I can help later if someone shows up. I know there are some people signing up (or already signed up) that have some interest in that direction too.

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/homenet/

What I would love to see:

- implementation of DNCP[1] in some quick-n-dirty scripting language (I have two partial implementations done Python, for example, and it is probably easily doable in 2 days if you are motivated; unfortunately I do these in my copious spare time so haven’t been able to finish either so far)

- _any_ improvement of hnetd, an open-source impelementation of DNCP+HNCP[2], issues list might provide starting point[3]

- perhaps implementation of one of the other WG drafts

- expanded version of the IETF92 BIER+homenet multicast stuff, or any other ‘quick and dirty’ solution to homenet+X, e.g. X being multicast, Coap, ..

Cheers,

-Markus

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-homenet-dncp/
[2] https://github.com/sbyx/hnetd/
[3] https://github.com/sbyx/hnetd/issues

---

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 19:34:29 +0000

Hi Markus,

It would be great to have HOMENET included, and your sample projects look
good. I can add to the wiki, but we really need to identify one or more
people to champion who can be available to kick things off and help get
people going. I¹ve cc¹d the homenet list in hopes of finding volunteers.

Cheers,
Charles

On 6/18/15, 12:39 AM, "hackathon on behalf of Markus Stenberg"
<[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

>Heya,
>
>due to personal reasons I will not able to be officially champion it as
>such (Fri arrival not an option, probably not around early on Sat either
>but will at least show up on Sat at some point and be there Sun) but I
>would like the homenet stuff in general to be added to wiki as a hacking
>option; I can help later if someone shows up. I know there are some
>people signing up (or already signed up) that have some interest in that
>direction too.
>
>- implementation of DNCP[1] in some quick-n-dirty scripting language (I
>have two partial implementations done Python, for example, and it is
>probably easily doable in 2 days if you are motivated; unfortunately I do
>these in my copious spare time so haven¹t been able to finish either so
>far)
>
>- _any_ improvement of hnetd, an open-source impelementation of
>DNCP+HNCP[2], issues list might provide starting point[3]
>
>- expanded version of the IETF92 BIER+homenet multicast stuff, or any
>other Œquick and dirty¹ solution to homenet+X, e.g. X being multicast,
>Coap, ..
>
>Cheers,
>
>-Markus
>
>_______________________________________________
>hackathon mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hackathon