Subject: [hackathon] t-shirt design

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 20:30:40 +0000

All you creative folks out there, we are accepting proposals for t-shirts
for the Hackathon. If you have ideas, please share on this list or send to
me directly. We plan to settle on a design by June 15.
I¹ve attached the shirt from the IETF 92 hackathon.

Cheers,
Charles

---

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 16:46:05 +0000

Hi Matt,

Good questions. Please see inline.

On 6/2/15, 5:38 PM, "Matt Miller (mamille2)" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>Hash: SHA512
>
>On 6/2/15 2:30 PM, Charles Eckel (eckelcu) wrote:
>> All you creative folks out there, we are accepting proposals for
>> t-shirts for the Hackathon. If you have ideas, please share on
>> this list or send to me directly. We plan to settle on a design by
>> June 15. I¹ve attached the shirt from the IETF 92 hackathon.
>> 
>
>Some leading questions to figure out the limits (-:
>
>* You provided an image of last Hackathon's shirt, but do you happen
>to have the .PSD it was created from?

Sorry, I do not have it.
IETF logos are available here: https://www.ietf.org/logo/
Cisco DevNet logo is attached.
It would be good to include both. I was thinking one on each sleeve, but
open to other options.

>
>* Absent that, do you know what format is the most acceptable to
>submit? I could generate .PSD or .TIFF, but not vectors /-:

PDF was fine last time. I’m sure other formats can work, and anything that
can be converted to pdf will work.

>
>* Do you know what are the acceptable print areas? how much of the
>Front, of the back back, and of the sleeves?

It will be a short sleeve shirt. Front, back, and sleeves are all ok.
Feedback from last time was that for shirts people are going actually wear
after the event they preferred less printing, so we went with only on
front and one sleeve, but more is possible.

>
>* Does your printer support wraparound (continuous front-to-back) at
>an acceptable price?

They asked to see the design before commenting on price. If you have
something in mind, I can share with them and get some initial feedback.
Else stick with front, back, and sleeves to play it safe.

>
>* Do you know how many colors are acceptable? Are gradients
>acceptable? Are varied opacity levels acceptable?

2 colors with blending supported is a good target (e.g. no 4-color
processing). If your design requires more, please share an example and I
can get more specific feedback.

Cheers,
Charles

>
>
>Thanks!
>
>- -- 
>- - m&m
>
>Matt Miller < [email-masked] >
>Cisco Systems, Inc.
>-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
>Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2.0.22 (Darwin)
>Comment: GPGTools - https://gpgtools.org
>
>iQEcBAEBCgAGBQJVbkyhAAoJEDWi+S0W7cO18acH+wXQOhXXDZSklmb/L5IJrvNA
>3EyamX8vl6V4MYqkUxx1n+r93RwhijsBEyF1nI1HWwC9p1/f25zQZOq5apr1WDxg
>1PSZc2HpZ4xPk0jdChdccH3GrtWhjNAD4GK3vXfYs7YUkky9efneoPyuOC1IYl8B
>qWXc0+owX7X+2Bb4P8PXUINqxbMPVzrzw1imJwpyNpjv3HCuLRPkwfrFQflYAxDc
>l+GfgwiB9TK0iRrx1etlO47lEyFsHuS5ZF7wqN36vv92ySs89BLmO/C9XAzyvoSl
>nMdF5GbaPx4R6QvRJXYOIhwO7S8D9/Z82C1Rb5taGuuMdSEag+38zejbm+a1QvU=
>=+MM4
>-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----