Subject: [Fecframe] RFC 6816 on Simple Low-Density Parity Check (LDPC) Staircase Forward Error Correction (FEC) Scheme for FECFRAME

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 17:30:49 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6816

        Title:      Simple Low-Density Parity Check (LDPC) 
                    Staircase Forward Error Correction (FEC) Scheme 
                    for FECFRAME 
        Author:     V. Roca,
                    M. Cunche,
                    J. Lacan
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 49938
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-fecframe-ldpc-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6816.txt

This document describes a fully specified simple Forward Error
Correction (FEC) scheme for Low-Density Parity Check (LDPC) Staircase
codes that can be used to protect media streams along the lines
defined by FECFRAME.  These codes have many interesting properties:
they are systematic codes, they perform close to ideal codes in many
use-cases, and they also feature very high encoding and decoding
throughputs.  LDPC-Staircase codes are therefore a good solution to
protect a single high bitrate source flow or to protect globally
several mid-rate flows within a single FECFRAME instance.  They are
also a good solution whenever the processing load of a software
encoder or decoder must be kept to a minimum.

This document is a product of the FEC Framework Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC