Subject: [Fecframe] RFC 6682 on RTP Payload Format for Raptor Forward Error Correction (FEC)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 09:26:24 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6682

        Title:      RTP Payload Format for Raptor 
                    Forward Error Correction (FEC) 
        Author:     M. Watson, T. Stockhammer,
                    M. Luby
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 35386
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-fecframe-rtp-raptor-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6682.txt

This document specifies an RTP payload format for the Forward Error
Correction (FEC) repair data produced by the Raptor FEC Schemes.  Raptor
FEC Schemes are specified for use with the IETF FEC Framework that
supports the transport of repair data over both UDP and RTP.  This
document specifies the payload format that is required for the use of RTP to
carry Raptor repair flows.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the FEC Framework Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC