Subject: [Fecframe] I-D Action: draft-ietf-fecframe-raptor-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 03:48:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the FEC Framework Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Raptor FEC Schemes for FECFRAME
	Author(s)       : Mark Watson
                          Thomas Stockhammer
                          Michael Luby
	Filename        : draft-ietf-fecframe-raptor-11.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2012-05-10

   This document describes Fully-Specified Forward Error Correction
   (FEC) Schemes for the Raptor and RaptorQ codes and their application
   to reliable delivery of media streams in the context of FEC
   Framework.  The Raptor and RaptorQ codes are systematic codes, where
   a number of repair symbols are generated from a set of source symbols
   and sent in one or more repair flows in addition to the source
   symbols that are sent to the receiver(s) within a source flow.  The
   Raptor and RaptorQ codes offer close to optimal protection against
   arbitrary packet losses at a low computational complexity.  Six FEC
   Schemes are defined, two for protection of arbitrary packet flows,
   two that are optimised for small source blocks and another two for
   protection of a single flow that already contains a sequence number.
   Repair data may be sent over arbitrary datagram transport (e.g.  UDP)
   or using RTP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fecframe-raptor-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fecframe-raptor-11.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-fecframe-raptor/