Subject: [Enum] RFC 3764 on enumservice registration for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Addresses-of-Record

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 17:04:19 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3764

        Title:      enumservice registration for Session Initiation
                    Protocol (SIP) Addresses-of-Record
        Author(s):  J. Peterson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 17604
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-enum-sip-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3764.txt

This document registers an Electronic Number (ENUM) service for the
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), pursuant to the guidelines in
RFC 3761.  Specifically, this document focuses on provisioning SIP
addresses-of-record in ENUM.

This document is a product of the Telephone Number Mapping Working
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.