Subject: [Enum] RFC 6116 on The E.164 to Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI) Dynamic Delegation Discovery System (DDDS) Application (ENUM)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 18:11:39 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6116

        Title:      The E.164 to Uniform Resource 
                    Identifiers (URI) Dynamic Delegation Discovery System 
                    (DDDS) Application (ENUM) 
        Author:     S. Bradner, L. Conroy,
                    K. Fujiwara
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 52840
        Obsoletes:  RFC3761

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-enum-3761bis-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6116.txt

This document discusses the use of the Domain Name System (DNS) for
storage of data associated with E.164 numbers, and for resolving
those numbers into URIs that can be used (for example) in telephony
call setup.  This document also describes how the DNS can be used to
identify the services associated with an E.164 number.  This document
obsoletes RFC 3761.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Telephone Number Mapping Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC