Subject: [Enum] Scope of the ENUM meeting in Maastricht

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 16:47:35 +0300

Hi,

as you know, we have lately been working on advancing the ENUM trilogy
(3761bis, services-guide, and services-transition) to completion. The
chairs will give a status update on where we are with each draft during
the ENUM session in Maastricht.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-enum-3761bis/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-enum-enumservices-guide/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-enum-enumservices-transition/

Additionally, we have received a request to discuss issues related to
the E2MD BOF held in Anaheim also in the ENUM session. During the E2MD
BOF, its proponents received a set of comments and concerns. Some of
these concerns relate to ENUM in general and not only to E2MD in
particular. The proponents of E2MD would like to discuss those issues
with the ENUM community and get feedback on how to address them. We
believe that discussing those ENUM-related issues is within the scope of
the ENUM session.

However, discussing the formation of a potential E2MD WG or chartering
ENUM to perform E2MD work is clearly out of the scope of the ENUM
session. The appropriate place to discuss these issues would be a
potential second E2MD BOF to be organized in the future. While receiving
feedback from the ENUM community will hopefully help the E2MD proponents
prepare such a BOF in the future, the ENUM session is by no means a
substitute for such a BOF.

Note that the E2MD proponents also intend to meet among themselves in a
small ad-hoc meeting to discuss those concerns that are directly related
to E2MD, and not to ENUM in general.

We are clarifying the scope of the ENUM session in this email so that it
is clear why those E2MD-related issues will be discussed during the ENUM
session.

Cheers,

Gonzalo