Subject: [Enum] Document Action: 'Combined User and Infrastructure ENUM in the e164.arpa tree' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 06:18:45 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Combined User and Infrastructure ENUM in the e164.arpa tree '
   <draft-ietf-enum-combined-09.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Telephone Number Mapping Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jon Peterson and Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-combined-09.txt

Technical Summary

This memo defines an interim solution for Infrastructure ENUM to allow a
combined User (i.e. RFC3761-based) ENUM and Infrastructure
(draft-ietf-enum-infrastructure-based) ENUM implementation to exist in
e164.arpa as a national choice. The solution is intended as a transition
mechanism that would be phased out once a long-term Infrastucture ENUM
solution has been put into place.

Working Group Summary

The ENUM WG supported the advancement of this memo as an Informational
RFC in order to document a potential solution.

Document Quality

The IAB provided valuable Last Call comments on this document.

Personnel

Jon Peterson is the responsible Area Director. Richard Shockey is the
document shepherd.