Subject: [Enum] I-D Action:draft-ietf-enum-experiences-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 03:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Telephone Number Mapping Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : ENUM Implementation Issues and Experiences
	Author(s)       : L. Conroy, K. Fujiwara
	Filename        : draft-ietf-enum-experiences-10.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2008-10-06

This document captures experience in implementing systems based on
the ENUM protocol, and experience of ENUM data that have been created
by others.  As such, it clarifies the ENUM and Dynamic Delegation
Discovery System standards.  Its aim is to help others by reporting
what is "out there" and the potential pitfalls in interpreting the
set of documents that specify the protocol.  It does not revise the
standards, but it is intended to provide technical input to future
revisions of those documents.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-experiences-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: Lawrence Conroy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 11:30:19 +0100

Hi Folks,
  this version reflects the IESG discuss points raised for  
Experiences-09.
The main points are that
- some common behaviour was explicitly flagged as non-compliant (it is,
but we all need to make money :),
- there is an odd corner case where non-ASCII characters can occur in
the regular expression so this is covered as an operational choice  
issue,
- a number of clarifications have been attempted (any remaining  
gibberish
  is mine).
I hope it's clearer now. The gross changes are listed in the Intro  
section.
Let's see whether this meets the discuss issues.

Note - those discuss points did have an impact on the text this shares  
with
3761bis, so there may be a "knock-on" impact on that.

all the best,
   Lawrence

On 6 Oct 2008, at 11:15, [email-masked] wrote:

> <mime-attachment>_______________________________________________
> enum mailing list
> [email-masked]