Subject: [Enum] Working Group Last Call on 3761bis - 03

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 12:20:33 -0400

Title           : The E.164 to Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI)
Dynamic Delegation Discovery System (DDDS) Application (ENUM)
	Author(s)       : S. Bradner, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-enum-3761bis-03.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2008-03-31

This document discusses the use of the Domain Name System (DNS) for the
storage of E.164 numbers, and for resolving them into URIs that can be used
for (for example) telephony call setup.  This document also describes how
the DNS can be used to identify the services associated with an E.164
number.  This document obsoletes RFC 3761.

The intent of the last call is to solicit comments before submitting the ID
to the IESG as a Proposed Standard.

The purpose of a working group Last Call is in the style of "speak now or
forever hold your peace" in case there are fundamental objections which have
not gotten previous or adequate discussion, or minor errors which need
correction.

Work group last call will extend for 3 weeks or so from today June 5 2008
until though we can modify that if new issues come up.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-3761bis-03.txt

Richard Shockey
Director, Member of the Technical Staff
NeuStar
46000 Center Oak Plaza - Sterling, VA 20166
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 
PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> 
<mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum