Subject: [Enum] Send-N

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 17:48:46 +0100

I've just submitted a -01 version of draft-bellis-enum-send-n which should 
be online soon.

Hopefully I've addressed most of the concerns of the WG, although I don't 
think I can satisfy those that argue that this data doesn't belong in 
DNS/ENUM/NAPTR at all ;-)

I've removed support for 'digitsmax'.  It's optional in the NICC spec, and 
there's no clear cut rationale for it anyway.  It's easy to put back in if 
someone comes up with a decent use-case for it.

I've also introduced support for absolute digit counts.  This eases 
compatibility with DNS wildcards.  It's now possible to say:

$ORIGIN 5.5.5.2.1.2.1.e164.example.com.
* IN NAPTR 10 10 "" E2U+pstndata:send-n !.*!pstndata:send-n/=11/! .
  IN NAPTR 10 10 "" E2U+sip !.*!sip:....!

to say that all numbers in +1-(212)-555 require a minimum of 11 digits 
*and* that they should be sent to the specified SIP URI.

The DNS considerations and Security considerations have also been expanded 
a bit, and there are a few other clarifications too.

Ray

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum