Subject: [Enum] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-yu-enumservice-sms-smpp-01.txt

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 11:45:04 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 1:15 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-yu-enumservice-sms-smpp-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: IANA Registration for an Enumservice Subtype
"smpp" under Type "sms", and Information and IANA Registration for URI Type
"smpp"
	Author(s)	: J. Yu
	Filename	: draft-yu-enumservice-sms-smpp-01.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2008-4-14
	
This document updates RFC 4355 by registering a new enumservice 
      subtype "smpp" under the existing type "sms" using the URI scheme 
      "smpp" as per the IANA registration process defined in RFC 3761 and 
      draft-ietf-enum-enumservices-guide-07 and registers a new URI type 
      "smpp" according to the URI registration procedure in RFC 4395. 
       
      This enumservice subtype indicates that the remote resource 
      identified by the URI scheme can receive short messages using the 
      Short Message Peer-to-Peer Protocol (SMPP).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yu-enumservice-sms-smpp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 13:08:48 -0400

Is there any thoughts on what the WG should do with this document?

Make a WG item now?

Discuss it in Dublin?

Wait for the Registration Draft to be finalized?
 
>  "smpp" under Type "sms", and Information and IANA Registration for URI
>  Type "smpp"
>  	Author(s)	: J. Yu

---

From: "Alexander Mayrhofer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 08:44:26 +0200

> Wait for the Registration Draft to be finalized?

My personal opinion is that we should ask to make it an WG item right
now, and discuss it in Dublin (_but_ prepare the discussion until then).
The Enumservice itself looks pretty uncontroversial to me - otoh, i
don't know how easy it will be to acquire the URI scheme ... we've been
there already with other Enumservices :)

_If_ the document is overtaken by the Enumservice registration doc
(which i doubt), we could still process it according to the "new rules"
anyway.

My feeling is that from the ENUM perspective we should get this beyond
the WG pretty quick (probably LC after Dublin?) - however, to do this we
need reviewers especially for the URI scheme part (best would be both
URI scheme _and_ SMPP experts).

Any volunteers for the URI scheme review?

thoughts?

Alex