Subject: Re: [Enum] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-yu-enumservice-sms-smpp-01.txt

From: Alexander Mayrhofer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 08:45:12 +0200

>
 > Is there any thoughts on what the WG should do with this document?
 >
 > Make a WG item now?
 >
 > Discuss it in Dublin?
 >
 > Wait for the Registration Draft to be finalized?

My personal opinion is that we should ask to make it an WG item right 
now, and discuss it in Dublin (_but_ prepare the discussion until then). 
The Enumservice itself looks pretty uncontroversial to me - otoh, i 
don't know how easy it will be to acquire the URI scheme ... we've been 
there already with other Enumservices :)

_If_ the document is overtaken by the Enumservice registration doc 
(which i doubt), we could still process it according to the "new rules" 
anyway.

My feeling is that from the ENUM perspective we should get this beyond 
the WG pretty quick (probably LC after Dublin?) - however, to do this we 
need reviewers especially for the URI scheme part (best would be both 
URI scheme _and_ SMPP experts).

Any volunteers for the URI scheme review?

thoughts?

Alex
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum