Subject: [Enum] ENUM Working Group Last Call on document draft-ietf-enum-softswitch-req-01.txt

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 11:58:43 -0500

Title           : ENUM-based Softswitch Requirement
	Author(s)       : J. Lim, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-enum-softswitch-req-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2007-10-24

This document describes experiences of operational requirements and several
considerations for ENUM-based softswitches concerning call routing between
two Korean VoIP carriers, gained during the ENUM pre- commercial trial
hosted by National Internet Development Agency of Korea (NIDA) in 2006.

These experiences show that an interim solution can maintain the stability
of on-going commercial softswitch system operations during the initial stage
of ENUM service, where the DNS does not have sufficient data for the
majority of calls.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-softswitch-req-01.txt

The intent of the last call is to solicit comments before submitting the ID
to the IESG as Informational.

The purpose of a working group Last Call is in the style of "speak now or
forever hold your peace" in case there are fundamental objections which have
not gotten previous or adequate discussion, or minor errors which need
correction.

Work group last call will extend for approximately 2 weeks or so from today
Jan 2 through Jan 21. We can modify that if new issues come up.

Richard Shockey
Director, Member of the Technical Staff
NeuStar
46000 Center Oak Plaza - Sterling, VA 20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org 
sip:[email-masked]
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 
PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> 
<mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum