Subject: [Enum] Status of Softswitch document.

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:28:38 -0500

There was some discussion in Vancouver on whether this document is
essentially finished.

I'd like to ask folks to reread the document once again and if possible
comment on whether it is ready for WGLC.

Title           : ENUM-based Softswitch Requirement
	Author(s)       : J. Lim, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-enum-softswitch-req-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2007-10-24

This document describes experiences of operational requirements and several
considerations for ENUM-based softswitches concerning call routing between
two Korean VoIP carriers, gained during the ENUM pre- commercial trial
hosted by National Internet Development Agency of Korea (NIDA) in 2006.

These experiences show that an interim solution can maintain the stability
of on-going commercial softswitch system operations during the initial stage
of ENUM service, where the DNS does not have sufficient data for the
majority of calls.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-softswitch-req-01.txt

Richard Shockey
Director, Member of the Technical Staff
NeuStar
46000 Center Oak Plaza - Sterling, VA 20166
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 
PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> 
<mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum