Subject: [Enum] FINAL Agenda ENUM WG IETF 70

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 10:44:36 -0500

FINAL FINAL 

IETF 70 Vancouver Telephone Number Mapping (ENUM) WG Agenda 

1130-1300 Break
1300-1500 Afternoon Session I

Salon D/E	RAI	enum	Telephone Number Mapping WG

Chair(s):
Patrik Faltstrom <[email-masked]> 
Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>

WG Secretary:
Alexander Mayrhofer <[email-masked]> 

RAI Director(s):
Jon Peterson [email-masked]
Cullen Jennings [email-masked]

RAI Area Advisor:
Jon Peterson [email-masked]

Agenda Bashing. 

1. Status of Drafts and in Drafts the Queue Overview - Alexander Mayhofer WG
Secretary 10

2. Review status RFC 3761bis update. Scott Bradner ( Discussion of work
plan.) 15- 20 

3. Bernie Hoeneisen - Leading Discussion 20+ 

	Title           : Guide and Template for IANA Registrations of
Enumservices
	Author(s)       : B. Hoeneisen, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-enum-enumservices-guide-06.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2007-11-14

This document provides a guide to and template for the creation of new IANA
registrations of ENUM (E.164 Number Mapping) services.  It is also to be
used for updates of existing IANA registrations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-enumservices-guide-06.tx
t

4.	Title           : Registration of Enumservices for experimental,
private or trial use
	Author(s)       : B. Hoeneisen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-enum-x-service-regs-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2007-11-05

This document provides a guide to the creation of new IANA registrations of
experimental, private or trial ENUM (E.164 Number
Mapping) services.  It is also to be used for updates of those experimental,
private or trial Enumservice (X-Enumservice) registrations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-x-service-regs-00.txt

5.        IANA Registration for an Enumservice Trunkgroup
	Author(s)       : R. Shockey, T. Creighton
	Filename        : draft-shockey-enum-trunkgroup-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2007-11-06

This document registers the Enumservice 'trunk' and subtypes 'sip'
and 'tel' using the URI schemes 'sip:' and 'tel:' as per the IANA
registration process defined in the ENUM specification RFC 3761 [RFC7761].

RFC 4904 [RFC4904] defines a technique for the conveyance of carrying
trunking information in SIP [RFC3261] and or TEL [RFC3966] URI's.
This Enumservice provides a mechanism for ENUM databases residing in service
provider networks a mechanism to query for that data.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shockey-enum-trunkgroup-00.txt

6.  Title		: IANA Registration of Enumservices for Voice
Messaging and Video Messaging
	Author(s)	: J. Livingood, D. Troshynski
	Filename	: draft-ietf-enum-vmsg-00.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2007-11-13
	
   This document registers the Enumservice named "vmsg", which is used 
   to facilitate the real-time routing of voice and/or video 
   communications to a messaging system.  This vmsg Enumservice 
   registers three Enumservice types; "voicemsg", "videomsg", and 
   "unifmsg". 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-vmsg-00.txt

7. Title           : ENUM Implementation Issues and Experiences
	Author(s)       : L. Conroy, K. Fujiwara
	Filename        : draft-ietf-enum-experiences-08.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2007-11-12

This document captures experience in implementing systems based on the ENUM
protocol, and experience of ENUM data that have been created by others.  As
such, it is advisory, and produced as a help to others in reporting what is
"out there" and the potential pitfalls in interpreting the set of documents
that specify the protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-experiences-08.txt

8. 	
	Title           : ENUM-based Softswitch Requirement
	Author(s)       : J. Lim, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-enum-softswitch-req-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2007-10-24

This document describes experiences of operational requirements and several
considerations for ENUM-based softswitches concerning call routing between
two Korean VoIP carriers, gained during the ENUM pre- commercial trial
hosted by National Internet Development Agency of Korea (NIDA) in 2006.

These experiences show that an interim solution can maintain the stability
of on-going commercial softswitch system operations during the initial stage
of ENUM service, where the DNS does not have sufficient data for the
majority of calls.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-softswitch-req-01.txt

Richard Shockey
Director, Member of the Technical Staff
NeuStar
46000 Center Oak Plaza - Sterling, VA 20166
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 
PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> 
<mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum