Subject: [Enum] Protocol Action: 'ENUM Validation Token Format Definition' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 09:52:20 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'ENUM Validation Token Format Definition '
   <draft-ietf-enum-validation-token-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Telephone Number Mapping Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jon Peterson and Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-validation-token-04.txt

Technical Summary
 
An ENUM domain name is tightly coupled with the underlying E.164 number.
The process of verifying whether the Registrant of an ENUM domain name is
identical to the Assignee of the corresponding E.164 number is commonly
called "validation". This document describes a signed XML data format --
the Validation Token -- with which Validation Entities can convey
successful completion of a validation procedure in a secure fashion.
 
Working Group Summary
 
No controversial issues with this document.
 
Protocol Quality
 
This document was reviewed for the IESG by Jon Peterson. Richard Shockey
is the PROTO shepherd.

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum