Subject: [Enum] Document Action: 'Infrastructure ENUM Requirements' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 16:37:40 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Infrastructure ENUM Requirements '
   <draft-ietf-enum-infrastructure-enum-reqs-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Telephone Number Mapping Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jon Peterson and Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-infrastructure-enum-reqs-04.txt

Technical Summary
 
This document provides requirements for "infrastructure" or "carrier" ENUM
(E.164 Number Mapping), defined as the use of RFC 3761 technology to
facilitate interconnection of networks for E.164 number addressed
services, in particular but not restricted to VoIP. Because end user ENUM
as defined in RFC 3761 requires end user opt-in and control of the
location of the NAPTRs, it is not suitable for interconnection needs bu
service providers. The requirements in the document are needed for the WG
to develop a technical solution.
 
Working Group Summary
 
The working group reviewed this document in 2005-6 and was document NIT
review preformed by Alexander Mayrhofer <[email-masked]>
 
Protocol Quality
 
This document was reviewed for the IESG by Jon Peterson. Gen-ART review
was performed by Gonzalo Camarillo.

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum