Subject: [Enum] Query regarding NAPTR for resolving transport

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 18:12:44 +0530

Hi All,

I have a query regarding the regular expression patterns which are part of 
the NAPTR records.

For Enum, we have   !pattern!AOR!.   The original domain is replaced by 
AOR comparing the pattern. Most cases pattern is !^.*$!sip:user@domain!
So the full uri is returned after reg exp matching.

Similarly, For NAPTR records to resolve transport, I am referring RFC 2915 
and there is an example given.

sip:[email-masked]

and the regular expression is  sip:.+@([^.]+.)(.*)$/\2/i        -> states 
I should take the second substring for the further NAPTR lookup. In this 
case, i have to query for gatech.edu and get the list of records.  This 
will continue till i get a terminal record of type 's' or 'a'.

My queries,

1. Is it the only pattern applicable for NAPTR records while resolving 
transport? i.e. the output of the reg exp is always the subdomain to query 
for NAPTR lookup. 
2. Is it valid to provide regular expression like replace "gatech" with 
"example".  Then ask the application to query for fake.example.edu.

Please post your replies.

Thanks in advance.

regards
Vadivel.

***********************  Aricent-Private   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely for the use of 
the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be 
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error, 
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly
prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts no responsibility for 
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus."
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 11:00:53 -0400

Some one from the WG will try help you  but you should remove the company
disclaimer from future postings to IETF lists.  It's a big NO NO.

From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 8:43 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Enum] Query regarding NAPTR for resolving transport

Hi All, 

For Enum, we have   !pattern!AOR!.   The original domain is replaced by AOR
comparing the pattern. Most cases pattern is !^.*$!sip:user@domain! 
So the full uri is returned after reg exp matching. 

sip:[email-masked] 

and the regular expression is  sip:.+@([^.]+.)(.*)$/\2/i        -> states I
should take the second substring for the further NAPTR lookup. In this case,
i have to query for gatech.edu and get the list of records.  This will
continue till i get a terminal record of type 's' or 'a'. 

My queries, 

Thanks in advance. 

regards 
Vadivel.

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely
for the use of 
the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or
confidential information and should not be 
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If
you have received this message in error, 
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly
prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this
message. Aricent accepts no responsibility for 
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus."

---

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 08:49:46 -0700

> transport? i.e. the output of the reg exp is always the subdomain  

No, you can have any result of the regexp calculation. Do not take  
for granted the output is something special, or related to any of the  
domain names you already "have in your hand".

> "example".  Then ask the application to query for fake.example.edu.

You can have anything you want in the regexp. Please provide a  
specific example.

    Patrik