Subject: [Enum] Guidlines document - classification

From: lconroy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 22:30:21 +0100

Hi Folks,
  listening in to the audio stream, I note that the protocol class  
works without URI sub-types IF and only IF any machine/node/client  
MUST implement all of the URIs - in that case it's a negotiation  
issue. There's no need to "look right" in the NAPTR, as you know that  
the client will be able to handle whatever it finds.

However, I do wonder about small devices - can you be sure that a low  
power cell phone with a SIP stack can handle sips: as well as sip: ?
For future Enumservices, the choice of "no subtype ever needed"  
should only be taken if you're really really sure that ANY client can  
handle any possible URI scheme.

all the best,
   Lawrence

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum