Subject: [Enum] Additional Agenda Item for Chicago .. Infrastructure ENUM document status

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 16:48:27 -0400

In discussions with our AD Mr. Peterson there seems to be confusion on what
the status of the 4 documents that represent the Infrastructure ENUM drafts.

They are all basically waiting for revised drafts which is holding up "other
matters". 

We will need to discuss the status of these documents in Chicago in order to
expedite things along.

Richard Shockey
Director, Member of the Technical Staff
NeuStar
46000 Center Oak Plaza - Sterling, VA 20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org 
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 
PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> 
<mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: "PFAUTZ, PENN L, ATTCORP" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 17:51:25 -0400

Rich:
I believe there has been a new draft of the  infrastructure ENUM
requirements I-D for a while
(draft-ietf-enum-infrastructure-enum-reqs-04.txt, 5/21) that addressed
the last round of ISEG comments (I saw a couple of position changes in
the I-D tracker) and the document passed to AD follow-up.
Is there something else that needs to be done?

I am trying to work with my co-authors on the
draft-ietf-enum-infrastructure document to get a revision.

Penn Pfautz
AT&T National Access Management
+1-732-420-4962

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Shockey [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 4:48 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: 'Cullen Jennings'; 'Peterson,Jon'
Subject: [Enum] Additional Agenda Item for Chicago .. Infrastructure
ENUMdocument status

In discussions with our AD Mr. Peterson there seems to be confusion on
what
the status of the 4 documents that represent the Infrastructure ENUM
drafts.

They are all basically waiting for revised drafts which is holding up
"other
matters". 

We will need to discuss the status of these documents in Chicago in
order to
expedite things along.

Richard Shockey

Subject: [Enum] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-enum-infrastructure-enum-reqs-04.txt
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Telephone Number Mapping Working Group
of the IETF.

	Title		: Infrastructure ENUM Requirements
	Author(s)	: S. Lind, P. Pfautz
	Filename	:
draft-ietf-enum-infrastructure-enum-reqs-04.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2007-5-21
	
This document provides requirements for "infrastructure" or "carrier"
   ENUM (E.164 Number Mapping), defined as the use of RFC 3761
   technology to facilitate interconnection of networks for E.164 number
   addressed services, in particular but not restricted to VoIP (Voice
   over IP.)

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-infrastructure-enum-
reqs-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-enum-infrastructure-enum-reqs-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-infrastructure-enum-reqs-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 18:13:24 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: PFAUTZ, PENN L, ATTCORP [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 5:51 PM
To: Richard Shockey; [email-masked]
Cc: Cullen Jennings; Peterson, Jon
Subject: RE: [Enum] Additional Agenda Item for Chicago .. Infrastructure
ENUMdocument status

Rich:
I believe there has been a new draft of the  infrastructure ENUM
requirements I-D for a while
(draft-ietf-enum-infrastructure-enum-reqs-04.txt, 5/21) that addressed the
last round of ISEG comments (I saw a couple of position changes in the I-D
tracker) and the document passed to AD follow-up.
Is there something else that needs to be done?

RS> That is what we need to finalize in Chicago. 

I am trying to work with my co-authors on the draft-ietf-enum-infrastructure
document to get a revision.

That document was mentioned as clearly needing a revision based on Jon's
comments.

Penn Pfautz

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Shockey [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 4:48 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: 'Cullen Jennings'; 'Peterson,Jon'
Subject: [Enum] Additional Agenda Item for Chicago .. Infrastructure
ENUMdocument status

Richard Shockey
Director, Member of the Technical Staff
NeuStar
46000 Center Oak Plaza - Sterling, VA 20166 sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org PSTN
Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> <mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>

---

From: Otmar Lendl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 15:23:39 +0200

> We will need to discuss the status of these documents in Chicago in order to

I've revisited my mail-exchange with Jon regarding his AD-review of
the combined+EBL draft where he raised some very valid points.

Given the evolution of these drafts, which first added features (from
a simple "insert label at position X" to "search the DNS for a new
RRTYPE containing 3 fields") and then removed some of them ("no more
tree-walking"), it was legitimate to revisit some of the design choices
which led to the current design. 

This is late in the game, and way too late to get a new draft into the
archives by monday, nevertheless I think it is worthwhile for this
WG to spend some time on this again. 

Rich, can you give me at least 15 mins of time for a presentation and
discussion?

/ol
-- 
/ Otmar Lendl <[email-masked]>, T: +43 1 5056416 - 33, F: - 933 \
| nic.at Internet Verwaltungs- und Betriebsgesellschaft m.b.H |
\ http://www.nic.at/  LG Salzburg, FN 172568b, Sitz: Salzburg /

---

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 10:07:08 -0400

RS> I agree I think it is vitally important that we address these comments
on all the relevant drafts so Jon can present the suite to the IESG-IAB for
further consideration and action ASAP.

RS>> DONE

FINAL FINAL - REVISED July 18

IETF 69 Chicago Telephone Number Mapping (ENUM) WG Agenda 

Chair(s):
Patrik Faltstrom <[email-masked]> 
Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>

WG Secretary:
Alexander Mayrhofer <[email-masked]> 

RAI Director(s):
Jon Peterson [email-masked]
Cullen Jennings [email-masked]

RAI Area Advisor:
Jon Peterson [email-masked]

MONDAY

1500-1520 Afternoon Beverage and Snack Break I - Fourth Floor Exhibition
Hall
1520-1720 Afternoon Session II
Monroe		INT	intarea	Internet Area Open Meeting
Salon 2		IRTF	eme	End Middle End Research Group
Crystal		OPS	nee	Netconf Extensions and Evolution BOF
Grand Ballroom	RAI	enum	Telephone Number Mapping WG
Adams		RAI	avt	Audio/Video Transport WG
State Ballroom	RTG	pce	Path Computation Element WG
Salon 3		SEC	dkim

Agenda Bashing. Note addition of ENUM Infrastructure  

1. Status of Drafts and in Drafts the Queue Overview - Alexander Mayhofer WG
Secretary 10

2. Review status RFC 3761bis update. Scott Bradner ( Discussion of work
plan.) 15- 20 

3. Review of existing drafts

3a Finishing up Infrastructure ENUM revisions and status - Otmar Lendl - 15
+ M

3b Chairs Notes: Focus discussion the Guide and Template draft in order to
use for the MGCP service application.

Bernie Hoeneisen - Leading Discussion 20+ 

	Title		: Guide and Template for IANA Registrations of
Enumservices
	Author(s)	: J. Livingood, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-enum-enumservices-guide-04.txt
	Pages		: 19
		
This document provides a guide to and template for the creation of
   new IANA registration of ENUM (E.164 Number Mapping) services. It
   is also to be used for updates of existing IANA registrations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-enumservices-guide-04.tx
t

3c.	Registration of Enumservices for experimental, private or trial use
                 draft-hoeneisen-enum-x-service-regs-00.txt 

	http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-hoeneisen-enum-x-service-regs-00.txt

4.

	Title		: Telephone Number Mapping (ENUM) Service
Registration for MGCP
	Author(s)	: C. Bo, et al.
	Filename	: draft-chenbo-enum-mgcp-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2007-6-28
	
   MGCP decomposes a multimedia gateway into two parts, a call agent and
   a media gateway, thus brings greater extensibility and makes it easy
   to construct a large-scale VoIP network.  This document registers the
   MGCP Enumservice according to the guidelines given in RFC 3761
   [3].This kind of Enumservice is mainly applied in Carrier Networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chenbo-enum-mgcp-00.txt

5. 	Title		: ENUM-based Softswitch Requirement
	Author(s)	: J. Lim, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-enum-softswitch-req-01.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2007-4-30
	
   This document describes experiences of operational requirements and
   several considerations for ENUM-based softswitches concerning call
   routing between two Korean VoIP carriers, gained during the ENUM pre-
   commercial trial hosted by National Internet Development Agency of
   Korea (NIDA) in 2006.

   These experiences show that an interim solution can maintain the
stability of on-going commercial softswitch system operations during   the
initial stage of ENUM service, where the DNS does not have   sufficient data
for the majority of calls.

6. So long and thanks for all the fish?