Subject: [Enum] FW: Last Call: draft-narten-iana-considerations-rfc2434bis (Guidelines for Writing an IANA Considerations Section in RFCs) to BCP

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 08:55:12 -0400

FYI as it concerns our efforts to standardize Enumservice registrations.

-----Original Message-----
From: The IESG [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 11:07 PM
To: IETF-Announce
Subject: Last Call: draft-narten-iana-considerations-rfc2434bis (Guidelines
for Writing an IANA Considerations Section in RFCs) to BCP

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:

- 'Guidelines for Writing an IANA Considerations Section in RFCs'
   <draft-narten-iana-considerations-rfc2434bis-07.txt> as a BCP

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2007-08-17. Exceptionally, 
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-narten-iana-considerations-rfc2434
bis-07.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=1219
0&rfc_flag=0

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:46:24 -0400

As per yesterday's discussion this is the relevant guidance document for
IANA registrations though I think we made significant progress on the basic
issues.

IMHO ..

A. No RFC needed.

B. expert review person appointed by IESG ... separate mailing list.

C. Time limit on review by expert. I'm thinking no more than 90 to 120 days.

D. Single document encompassing scope structure and procedure.

E. IANA experts are willing to assist with review etc.