Subject: [Enum] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-chenbo-enum-mgcp-00.txt

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:03:11 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 3:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chenbo-enum-mgcp-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Telephone Number Mapping (ENUM) Service
Registration for MGCP
	Author(s)	: C. Bo, et al.
	Filename	: draft-chenbo-enum-mgcp-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2007-6-28
	
   MGCP decomposes a multimedia gateway into two parts, a call agent and
   a media gateway,thus brings greater extensibility and makes it easy
   to construct a large-scale VoIP network.  This document registers the
   MGCP Enumservice according to the guidelines given in RFC 3761
   [3].This kind of Enumservice is mainly applied in Carrier Networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chenbo-enum-mgcp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-chenbo-enum-mgcp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chenbo-enum-mgcp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: Bernie Hoeneisen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 17:02:46 +0200 (CEST)

Dear authors of draft-chenbo-enum-mgcp-00.txt!

This is an interesting document. I especially like the comprehesive 
examples section.

Could you please consider to use the "Guide and Template for IANA 
Registrations of Enumservices"

  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-enumservices-guide-03.txt
  (or soon http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-enumservices-guide-04.txt)

as a guideline for future revisions of your Internet-Draft, so that all 
the chapters required for a ENUMservice registrations are coverered.

cheers,
  Bernie

---

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:15:39 -0400

Bernie ... thanks for bringing this up. I was just about to write a similar
message.

I agree this is clearly an interesting document and well within the scope of
what we have been doing with ENUMservice registrations.

As for the status of this document .. Its clear that after Chicago we are
going into a somewhat dormant phase.

The WG will not close down..yet. The list will remain open, after all there
is still work to finish, but realistically we cant take on any new work.

This document clearly needs to be the "poster child" or test case for the
ENUMservice registration process. Which is why your earlier notes were very
timely. 

I have asked Jon Peterson to offer up his thoughts on what are the proper
tests for the process and we should nag him in Chicago to let us know what
he is looking for.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bernie Hoeneisen [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2007 11:03 AM
To: 'IETF ENUM WG'
Subject: [Enum] Re: I-D ACTION:draft-chenbo-enum-mgcp-00.txt

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-enumservices-guide-03.tx
t
  (or soon
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-enumservices-guide-04.tx
t)

cheers,
  Bernie