Subject: [Enum] Protocol Action: 'IANA Registration for Enumservice 'XMPP'' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 14:47:50 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IANA Registration for Enumservice 'XMPP' '
   <draft-ietf-enum-xmpp-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Telephone Number Mapping Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jon Peterson and Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-xmpp-02.txt

Technical Summary
 
This document requests IANA registration of an Enumservice for XMPP, 
the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol.  This Enumservice
specifically allows the use of 'xmpp' Uniform Resource Identifiers
(URIs) in the context of E.164 Number Mapping (ENUM).
 
Working Group Summary
 
The ENUM working group supports the advancement of this specification.
 
Protocol Quality
 
This document was reviewed for the IESG by Jon Peterson. Richard Shockey
was the PROTO shepherd. Security Directorate review was provided by
Charles Clancy. Gen-ART review was provided by Miguel Garcia.

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum