Subject: [Enum] Last Call: draft-ietf-enum-xmpp (IANA Registration for Enumservice 'XMPP') to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:37:40 -0400

The IESG has received a request from the Telephone Number Mapping WG 
(enum) to consider the following document:

- 'IANA Registration for Enumservice 'XMPP' '
   <draft-ietf-enum-xmpp-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2007-05-09. Exceptionally, 
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-xmpp-01.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=15492&rfc_flag=0

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:52:41 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Saint-Andre [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 1:18 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-enum-xmpp (IANA Registration for
Enumservice 'XMPP') to Proposed Standard

>    <draft-ietf-enum-xmpp-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard

In the Introduction, this I-D says:

    RFC 4622 [6] registers an Internationalized Resource Identifier
    (IRI) [5] and Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) scheme for
    identifying XMPP entities.

There is no such thing as an IRI scheme, so the author may want to correct
the text; here is suggested wording:

    RFC 4622 [6] registers a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) scheme for
    identifying an XMPP entity as a URI or as an Internationalized
    Resource Identifier (IRI) [5].

There are some errors in RFC 4622, which I have attempted to correct in
draft-saintandre-rfc4622bis:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-rfc4622bis-00.txt

However, I don't think those corrections materially affect the ENUM
registration in draft-ietf-enum-xmpp. To verify that statement, refer to the
following diff:

http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=http%3A%2F%2Ftools.ietf.org%2Frfc%2Frfc46
22.txt&url2=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xmpp.org%2Finternet-drafts%2Fdraft-saintandre-r
fc4622bis-00.txt&difftype=--hwdiff

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
XMPP Standards Foundation
http://www.xmpp.org/xsf/people/stpeter.shtml