Subject: [Enum] review of draft-ietf-enum-enumservices-guide-03.txt

From: Peter Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 20:32:43 +0100

Here's a short review of draft-ietf-enum-enumservices-guide-03.txt, some nits
are already in the editors' inboxes:

3.1:  my latest recollection is that IANA prefers to have a general reference
	into registries, not a URL for a particular one.  There are
	precedents to the contrary and I consider it useful the way it
	is, but you might want to check with IANA.

      Should the enum WG be closed, the URL <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/enum/>
	could become invalid. It might be useful here to keep the
	<[email-masked]> list open or start a new one similar to that
	dealing with mime-types.

4.7:	the DNS section is declared OPTIONAL, but the text says MUST.
	I think the latter is correct and the section should be MANDATORY.

6:	This section explains that a service registration should not
	blindly repeat general ENUM (or DNS?) security considerations.
	However, the example in Appendix seems to do exactly that.

7:	The IANA considerations section should define or reference the
	existing policy for registering new ENUM services in sections 3 and 7
	of RFC 3761 (which this draft updates) as outlined in 2434 or 2434bis.

-Peter

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum