Subject: Re: [Enum] requesting reviewers for draft-ietf-enum-xmpp..

From: Duane <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 14:37:36 +1100

Duane wrote:

> As I wrote in a previous email, people won't enter every possible type
> of enum service and how they can be contacted.

I've had a re-think on this, at least to a limited extent, take for
example jingle/xmpp integration into Asterisk/FreeSwitch etc, asterisk
obviously can't text message (unless you wanted to go into text to
speech/speech to text), and a client like gaim can't handle voice, so I
guess this is where listing type of services available in DNS comes in
so clients don't need to handshake to indicate what they can accept.
Although I guess the down side to not listing is of course lagged
initial setup, but would this be detrimental?

-- 

Best regards,
 Duane

http://www.cacert.org - Free Security Certificates
http://www.nodedb.com - Think globally, network locally
http://www.sydneywireless.com - Telecommunications Freedom
http://e164.org - Because e164.arpa is a tax on VoIP

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right,
    but the optimist has a better time on the trip."

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum