Subject: [Enum] RFC 4769 on IANA Registration for an Enumservice Containing Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) Signaling Information

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 16:58:48 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4769

        Title:      IANA Registration for an Enumservice 
                    Containing Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) 
                    Signaling Information 
        Author:     J. Livingood, R. Shockey
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       November 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 24945
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-enum-pstn-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4769.txt

This document registers the Enumservice type "pstn" and subtype "tel"
using the URI scheme 'tel', as well as the subtype "sip" using the
URI scheme 'sip' as per the IANA registration process defined in the
ENUM specification, RFC 3761.  This Enumservice is used to facilitate
the routing of telephone calls in those countries where number
portability exists.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Telephone Number Mapping
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum