Subject: [Enum] Re: draft-chenh-enum-app-auth-00.txt

From: Otmar Lendl <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 20:46:30 +0100

Regarding draft-chenh-enum-app-auth-00.txt:

| 2.3.  Application
| 

[...]

| In order to improve the security and privacy of ENUM service,
| authentication function can be introduced into ENUM applications.
| When the originer initiates a service, the initiation message carries
| both originer's un-encrypted ENUM number and encrypted ENUM number
| field with sender's public key. 

Shouldn't that be the private key?

Two other questions:

* Do you propose to store the public key directly in the ENUM dns,
  or just a refernce (URI) to a key-server which keeps the public
  keys?

* How to you protect the scheme against replay attacks? 

/ol
-- 
< Otmar Lendl ([email-masked]) | nic.at Systems Engineer >

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum