Subject: [Enum] Preliminary ENUM Agenda #2

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 16:02:03 -0400

Agenda of the 67th IETF Meeting

PRELIMINARY #2 : IETF 67 San Diego Telephone Number Mapping (ENUM) WG Agenda

MONDAY, November 6, 2006
0800-1800 IETF Registration - Harbor Island Foyer
0800-0900 Continental Breakfast - Grande Ballroom Foyer

1130-1300 Break
1300-1500 Afternoon Session I

Grande            RAI  enum 	Telephone Number Mapping WG
Ballroom A

Chair(s):
Patrik Faltstrom <[email-masked]> 
Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>

WG Secretary:
Alexander Mayrhofer <[email-masked]> 

RAI Director(s):
Jon Peterson [email-masked]
Cullen Jennings [email-masked]

RAI Area Advisor:
Jon Peterson <[email-masked]>

Review of Agenda 

1. Status of Drafts and in Drafts the Queue Overview -  Alexander Mayhofer
WG Secretary

2. Experience draft finalization?

3. Title		: The E.164 to Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI)
Dynamic Delegation Discovery System (DDDS) Application (ENUM)
	Author(s)	: P. Faltstrom
	Filename	: draft-ietf-enum-3761bis-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2006-10-18
	
    This document discusses the use of the Domain Name System (DNS) for
    storage of E.164 [E164] numbers, and resolving those to URIs that can
    be used for (for example) call setup.  This include how DNS can be
    used for identifying available services connected to one E.164
    number.  It obsoletes RFC 3761 [RFC3761].

    This version of the document (00) is not more than the start of a
    discussion for detailed changes

4. Title		: The Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) DNS Resource
Record
	Author(s)	: P. Faltstrom, O. Kolkman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-enum-uri-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2006-9-28
	
This document defines a new DNS resource record, called the Uniform Resource
Identifier (URI) RR, for publishing mappings from hostnames to URIs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-uri-00.txt

5. Title		: The ENUM Branch Location Record
	Author(s)	: O. Lendl
	Filename	: draft-lendl-enum-branch-location-record-02.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2006-6-26
	
This documents defines the ENUM Branch Location record which is used
   to indicate where the ENUM tree for special ENUM application is
   located.  The primary application for the EBL is to enable a
   temporary solution for the infrastructure ENUM tree.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lendl-enum-branch-location-record-
02.txt

6. Title		: Authentication Scheme for Public ENUM Applications
	Author(s)	: C. Hui, et al.
	Filename	: draft-chenh-enum-app-auth-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2006-10-9

   ENUM possesses the feature of E.164 number authenticity, therefore by
   being carried with initiation signal of application services, ENUM
   number can be used to identify originer.

   The service initiation signal includes sender's (originer's) un-
   encrypted ENUM number and encrypted ENUM number, or some other
   information needed by specific applications, then receiver decrypts
   encrypted ENUM number and compares decrypted result with the un-
   encrypted ENUM number to authenticate the originer's identity.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chenh-enum-app-auth-00.txt

7. Title		: IANA Registration for Enumservice 'XMPP'
	Author(s)	: A. Mayrhofer
	Filename	: draft-mayrhofer-enum-xmpp-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2006-10-2
	
   This document requests IANA registration of an Enumservice for
   Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) Uniform Resource
   Identifiers (URIs) according to the registration procedure outlined
   in RFC 3761.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mayrhofer-enum-xmpp-00.txt

8. Title		: IANA Registration for Enumservice foaf
	Author(s)	: K. Reichinger
	Filename	: draft-reichinger-enum-foaf-01.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2006-8-17
	
This memo registers the Enumservice "foaf" using the URI schemes
"http" and "https" according to the IANA Enumservice registration
process defined in RFC3671.  The Enumservice "foaf" is to be used to
refer from an ENUM domain name to the location of a FOAF RDF file
using the corresponding E.164 telephone number.

Clients may use data retrieved from a FOAF RDF file to provide caller
or callee with information available within the Friend-Of-A-Friend
(FOAF) Semantic Web application.  For example, the caller might be
presented with personal information on the callee (e.g. name, gender
and various online attributes) as well as information on the callee's
social context (e.g. relations to friends or colleagues).
Information collected from FOAF can be used before, during or after a
communication is established.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reichinger-enum-foaf-01.txt

9. Enumservices Guide?

10. Infrastructure ENUM root discussion ????

Open Session .

Richard Shockey
Director, Member of the Technical Staff
NeuStar
46000 Center Oak Plaza - Sterling, VA 20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org 
sip:5651(at)neustarlab.biz
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 
PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> 
<mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum