Subject: RE: [Enum] Regular Expression Pattern

From: "Creighton, Tom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 09:59:02 -0400

Another application of the regexp and substitution expression (similar to Otmar's example) would be if you are using the E.164 number in the replacement section of the NAPTR record.  This would allow you to shorten your NAPTR record.

AUS: +12153208617

NAPTR: 7.1.6.8.0.2.3.5.1.2.1.e164.arpa. NAPTR 10 10 "u" 
              "E2U+sip" "!^(.*)$!sip:\[email-masked]!" .

Rewritten URI:

sip:[email-masked]

Regards,

Tom

________________________________________
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 11:48
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Enum] Regular Expression Pattern

Hi, 
 I have a question regarding the Regular Expression field in the NAPTR Record received as a response to the DNS query. 
                 
The Regular Expression is always applied to the AUS. 
The AUS for an Enum query is converted into a  domain name according to the Algorithm specified for converting the e164 number  into a domain name (As per RFC 3761). 
Now ,say we queried for NAPTR records after converting a global e164 number into a domain name (using the top level domain name - e164.arpa). What then is the need for the Regular Expression pattern ?  Can the pattern part  of the Regular expression be fixed as "^.*$" which would mean it applies to the entire string i.e. the entire Domain Name that was queried for. 
 Specially in case when Non - terminal records are not handled , would any different pattern be at all required. 

Also can a terminal NAPTR record have a Regular Expression pattern other than as mentioned i.e. "^.*$" 

 Regards,
  Vikram 
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software Systems (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of 
the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be 
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error, 
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly
prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. FSS accepts no responsibility for 
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus."

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum