Subject: [Enum] [Fwd: Protocol Action: 'The ENUM Dip Indicator parameter for the "tel" URI' to Proposed Standard]

From: Alexander Mayrhofer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 22:50:02 +0200

fyi - progress.

alex

Subject: Protocol Action: 'The ENUM Dip Indicator parameter for the "tel" URI' to Proposed Standard
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: iptel chair <[email-masked]>, Internet Architecture Board <[email-masked]>, RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:44:38 -0400
List-Id: ietf-announce.ietf.org

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'The ENUM Dip Indicator parameter for the "tel" URI '
   <draft-ietf-iptel-tel-enumdi-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Telephony Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Cullen Jennings and Jon Peterson.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iptel-tel-enumdi-05.txt

Technical Summary

ENUM provides a way for a communication system to lookup a tel URI and
see
if  alternative processing or routing can be applied to it. In some cases,
such as when there is no entry in DNS for the ENUM lookup on that tel URI,
each network element  that processed the tel URI could end up repeating
the lookup. This is inefficient. This specification defines an new
"enumdi" parameter for the tel URI that indicates that an ENUM query has
already been performed by a previous network element. This allows more
efficient processing.

Working Group Summary

The working group reached consensus on this document.

Protocol Quality

This document received working group review over an extended period of
time and was also reviewed by the ENUM WG. Alex Mayrhofer did a NITs
review of the document.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum