Subject: [Enum] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-enum-combined-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Telephone Number Mapping Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Combined User and Infrastructure ENUM in the e164.arpa tree
	Author(s)	: M. Haberler, R. Stastny
	Filename	: draft-ietf-enum-combined-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2006-8-7
	
   This memo defines an interim solution for Infrastructure ENUM to
   allow a combined User and Infrastructure ENUM implementation in
   e164.arpa as a national choice until the long-term solution is
   approved.  This interim solution will be deprecated after deployment
   of the long-term solution.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-combined-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-enum-combined-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-combined-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: Tony Rutkowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 16:29:23 -0400

Curious minds want to know,

1) since E.164 is the ITU-T's namespace at the
    top level, and
2) the requirement is for a pointer to infrastructure
    provider resolvers of that namespace pursuant to
    national law,

why isn't this treated like the countless other ITU-T
namespaces where the ITU TSB simply publishes pointers
to the authoritative infrastructure resolvers for the
infrastructure community?  Or is that the intent?

--tony

---

From: "Stastny Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 09:21:08 +0200

Tony,

as you mention in your point 2, the split and its location is a national
matter. The introduction of the BLR is also a national matter, because
it is on the level of tier 1.

So the ITU TSB is not involved at all

Of course it would be nice and useful if the ITU TSB publishes
the data also on a website. But it would be not necessary.

Richard

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Tony Rutkowski [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, August 07, 2006 10:29 PM
> To: [email-masked]; Stastny Richard
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Enum] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-enum-combined-00.txt
>