Subject: [Enum] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-enum-infrastructure-enum-reqs-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Telephone Number Mapping Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Infrastrucure ENUM Requirements
	Author(s)	: S. Lind, P. Pfautz
	Filename	: draft-ietf-enum-infrastructure-enum-reqs-03.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2006-8-8
	
This document provides requirements for "infrastructure" or "carrier"
ENUM (E.164 Number Mapping), defined as the use of RFC 3761
technology to facilitate interconnection of networks for E.164 number
addressed services, in particular but not restricted to VoIP (Voice
over IP.)

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-infrastructure-enum-reqs-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-enum-infrastructure-enum-reqs-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-infrastructure-enum-reqs-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: "Pfautz, Penn L, GBLAM" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 15:56:12 -0400

This draft reflects the changes agreed to in Montreal as well as some
comments from A-D review (note it is now Informational)

Penn

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 3:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Enum] I-D
ACTION:draft-ietf-enum-infrastructure-enum-reqs-03.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Telephone Number Mapping Working Group
of the IETF.

	Title		: Infrastrucure ENUM Requirements
	Author(s)	: S. Lind, P. Pfautz
	Filename	:
draft-ietf-enum-infrastructure-enum-reqs-03.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2006-8-8

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-infrastructure-enum-
reqs-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-enum-infrastructure-enum-reqs-03.txt".

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-infrastructure-enum-reqs-03.txt".
	
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers

---

From: Tony Rutkowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 16:42:32 -0400

Hi Penn,

Would you be amenable to adding a bullet 4bis in
section 3 that reads:

   4bis Infrastructure ENUM MUST be able to support an E.115-2006 [6]
        capability that allows qualified parties to obtain information
        regarding any specific E.164 numbering resource and associated
        subscriber information for the resource.  Determination of what
        information, if any, shall be available to which parties is a
        national matter.

and section 6 that reads:

   [6]  International Telecommunication Union-Telecommunication
        Standardization Sector, "Computerized directory assistance,"
        Recommendation E.115 (Feb 2006), as corrected or amended.
        See also, Rec. Y.2071, "Security Requirements for NGN
        Release 1."

The new version of E.115 is a highly flexible XML based
query-response mechanism for controlled access to authoritative
subscriber information that is essential to meet new Identity
Management requirements that have emerged in Q.15/13's new
Rec. Y.2071.

This change is compatible with the IRIS requirement - which
provides for the ability to discover authoritative provider
information.  E.115 in turn provides for the ability to
discover authoritative subscriber information while protecting
privacy.

best,
tony