Subject: [Enum] ENUM WG Last Call on draft-conroy-enum-edns0-02.txt

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 09:01:54 -0400

Title		: ENUM Requirement for EDNS0 Support
 	Author(s)	: L. Conroy, J. Reid
 	Filename	: draft-conroy-enum-edns0-02.txt
 	Pages		: 16
 	Date		: 2006-6-29
 
 Support for EDNS0 (Extension Mechanisms for DNS) is mandated in this
document for DNS entities querying for or serving NAPTR records.  In
general those entities will be supporting ENUM resolution.  This
requirement is needed because DNS responses to ENUM-related queries
generally return large RRSets.  Without EDNS0 support these lookups would
result in truncated responses and repeated queries over TCP transport.  That
has a severe impact on DNS server load and on the latency of those queries.

This document updates RFC 3761 only in adding this requirement.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-conroy-enum-edns0-02.txt

The intent of the last call is to solicit comments before submitting the ID
to the IESG as a Proposed Standard.

The purpose of a working group Last Call is in the style of "speak now or
forever hold your peace" in case there are fundamental objections which have
not gotten previous or adequate discussion, or minor errors which need
correction.

Work group last call will extend for 1 month or so from today August 23
until at least September 23 though we can modify that if new issues come up.

The purpose of the extended WGLC is to accommodate the summer vacation
schedules of WG participants.

Richard Shockey
Director, Member of the Technical Staff
NeuStar
46000 Center Oak Plaza - Sterling, VA 20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org 
sip:5651(at)neustarlab.biz
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 
PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> 
<mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum