Subject: [Enum] request for input on enumservices guide

From: Alexander Mayrhofer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 19:04:06 +0200

All,

as indicated in the ENUM session on monday, i'd appreciate input on the
enumservices guide / template draft:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-enumservices-guide-01.txt

Again, any time that we invest into definitions here will save us time on
any future Enumservice registration that uses that template, because if we
eg. agree on a convention for subtyping, we won't have to discuss that again
for each service. Same applies for the Security/IANA Considerations.

assumptions:

- we want that to be an informational
- hence, we don't want that to be a normative reference for the actual
registrations
- therefore, all normative stuff needs to be included in the XML template
- however, clarifications of the stuff in the XML template should go into
the draft document
- it should be explained why we chose a certain approach, and when to divert
from that.

potential topics to be worked on:

- choosing type names
- choosing subtype names
- what to achieve with subtypes
- security considerations, pii considerations

I'd appreciate if there would be a few text proposals.

thanks,

Alex

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum