Subject: [Enum] Preliminary ENUM aganda IETF Montreal

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 11:10:30 -0400

This is what I have so far. Please Comment ASAP

REMINDER :  People wanting to make presentations should send them to

Alexander Mayrhofer [[email-masked]] and the chairs so we can
post them in the meeting manager.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/meeting_materials.cgi?meeting_num=66

Agenda of the 66th IETF Meeting
July 9-14, 2006

MONDAY, July 10, 2006
0800-1800 IETF Registration - Foyer 500D
0800-0900 Continental Breakfast - Foyer 500D
0900-1130 Morning Session I

Room 520ABC	RAI	enum	Telephone Number Mapping WG

Status of Drafts in Queue?

Title		: ENUM Validation Architecture
	Author(s)	: A. Mayrhofer, B. Hoeneisen
	Filename	: draft-ietf-enum-validation-arch-03.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2006-6-22
	
An ENUM domain name is tightly coupled with the underlying E.164 number.
The process of verifying whether or not the Registrant of an ENUM domain
name is identical to the Assignee of the corresponding
E.164 number is commonly called "validation".  This document describes
validation requirements and a high level architecture for an ENUM validation
infrastructure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-validation-arch-03.txt

ENUM PSTN 

************************************

10 M

EDNS 0 issues in ENUM

5M

Experiences Draft Final Final issues?

5M

General Agreement to Go to Last Call on .... 

Title		: IANA Registration for vCard Enumservice
	Author(s)	: A. Mayrhofer
	Filename	: draft-ietf-enum-vcard-02.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2006-6-13
	
This memo registers the Enumservice "vCard" with the subtypes "plain", "xml"
and "rdf" using the URI schemes "http" and "https"
according to the IANA Enumservice registration process described in RFC
3671.  This Enumservice is to be used to refer from an ENUM domain name to a
vCard instance describing the user of the respective
E.164 number.

Information gathered from those vCards could be used before, during or after
inbound or outbound communication takes place.  For example, a callee might
be presented with the name and association of the caller before picking up
the call.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-vcard-02.txt

Title		: A Telephone Number Mapping (ENUM) Service Registration for
Instant Messaging (IM) Services
	Author(s)	: R. Mahy
	Filename	: draft-ietf-enum-im-service-01.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 2006-6-22
	
This document registers a Telephone Number Mapping (ENUM) service for
Instant Messaging (IM).  Specifically, this document focuses on provisioning
'im:' URIs in ENUM.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-calendar-service-00.txt

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-cnam-02.txt

***********************************

10 M

	Title		: IANA Registration for an Enumservice to Hint to
E.164 esolution Namespaces (ERN)
 	Author(s)	: R. Stastny
	Filename	: draft-stastny-enum-ern-00.txt
 	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2006-6-5
 
 This document registers the Enumservice type "ern" and subtype "http"
using the URI scheme 'http', as well as the subtype "urn" using the 
URI scheme 'urn' as per the IANA registration process defined in the 
 ENUM specification RFC 3761.  This Enumservice is used to provide a 
 hint in ENUM to an E.164 Resolution Namespace a service provider 
 chooses to populate with E.164 numbers to be shared within a limited 
 group of other service providers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stastny-enum-ern-00.txt

10M 

	Title		: Combined User and Infrastructure ENUM in the
e164.arpa tree
	Author(s)	: M. Haberler, R. Stastny
	Filename	: draft-haberler-carrier-enum-03.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2006-6-23
	
This memo defines an interim solution for Infrastructure ENUM to
   allow a combined User and Infrastructure ENUM implementation in
   e164.arpa as a national choice until the long-term solution is
   approved.  This interim solution will be deprecated after deployment
   of the long-term solution.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-haberler-carrier-enum-03.txt

15 Min

We should also consider how to proceed with 
draft-lendl-enum-branch-location-record-00 

15Min

Infrastructure ENUM root?

Richard Shockey
Director, Member of the Technical Staff
NeuStar
46000 Center Oak Plaza - Sterling, VA 20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org 
sip:[email-masked]
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 
PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> 
<mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: Alexander Mayrhofer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 09:52:34 +0200

> Status of Drafts in Queue?

I'll try to gather the status of all documents and post a report about
the docs rsn, so that we can quickly go through this agenda item, and just
decide about potential action items.

Other stuff:

I'd like to add a 5min slot for
draft-ietf-enum-validation-token - this has been around for a long time, and
is part of the "validation" group of drafts, from which the two others
(draft-ietf-enum-validation-arch and draft-ietf-enum-validation-epp) are
already in the IESG queue.

And, we need a slot (15min, including discussions?) for the enumservices
guide draft - we need to move this forward, because it would ease work on
upcoming Enumservice registrations.

cheers

alex

---

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 11:22:51 -0400

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Alexander Mayrhofer [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 3:53 AM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Enum] Preliminary ENUM aganda IETF Montreal
> 
> Richard Shockey wrote:

This IMHO is a good idea. We'll start off the meeting with your report.

> already in the IESG queue.

IMHO there is nothing more to discuss here. The Validation Token draft
should simply go to WGLC along with the rest of the ones I've outlined.

> upcoming Enumservice registrations.

Yes of course and what do we do with the existing registrations and the
drafts that we'd like to go to WGLC on ASAP.