Subject: [Enum] move ENUM testbeds to e164-thirtysecondtimeout.arpa

From: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 15:01:57 -0400

I think it is time the IETF asked the IAB to move ENUM test beds to a 
separate tree, since some countries are now trying to use it for real... 
meaning people have e164.arpa lookups going in their production soft 
switches and PBXs.

Over the weekend, I noticed that lookups to every single Irish number 
(CC 353) were failing.  None of the nameservers in the 3.5.3.e164.arpa 
delegation respond to anything. (BTW: not an Afilias problem, they have 
nothing to do with it any more).

It's not like this is the first time something like this has happened. 
See: http://www.ripe.net/ripe/maillists/archives/enum-wg/2006/msg00047.html

So perhaps it would be best for all the countries that consider ENUM to 
be in a production state to have all the test beds moved to 
e164-test.arpa or something.

-andy

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: Michael Haberler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 21:29:10 +0200

At 21:01 06.06.2006, Andrew Newton wrote:
>I think it is time the IETF asked the IAB to move ENUM test beds to 
>a separate tree, since some countries are now trying to use it for 
>real... meaning people have e164.arpa lookups going in their 
>production soft switches and PBXs.

yes - I fully concur - our registrars are having problem as well

>Over the weekend, I noticed that lookups to every single Irish 
>number (CC 353) were failing.  None of the nameservers in the 
>3.5.3.e164.arpa delegation respond to anything.
>
>(BTW: not an Afilias problem, they have nothing to do with it any more).

the new kids in town dont have either.. not yet.

operation of the trial hasnt been handed over to a production service 
yet - in fact those who won the bid are still negotiating.. we are 
about three months away

I'll investigate

-Michael

>It's not like this is the first time something like this has 
>happened. See: 
>http://www.ripe.net/ripe/maillists/archives/enum-wg/2006/msg00047.html
>
>So perhaps it would be best for all the countries that consider ENUM 
>to be in a production state to have all the test beds moved to

---

From: Niall O'Reilly <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 17:36:25 +0100

On 6 Jun 2006, at 20:01, Andrew Newton wrote:

> 3.5.3.e164.arpa delegation respond to anything. (BTW: not an  
> Afilias problem, they have nothing to do with it any more).

Andy,

Thanks for highlighting this, and apologies for the confusion here.
I think you'll find that +353 is working again, although we still
have to dissolve some bad glue in the parent zone.

Best regards,

Niall O'Reilly
Chair, ENUM +353 Policy Advisory Board