Subject: [Enum] Issues with 3761 so far

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 14:20:05 +0300

[Please don't respond to this email, respond to the original email  
that describes the ticket, or add issues to the ticket system directly.]

What I have in the tracker are the following issues:

#838 ORDER/PRIORITY locality
ORDER and PRIORITY is significant only within the current domain.  
This is not clear in RFC 3761.

#861 Fast lane for Enumservice IANA registration
It is proposed to establish a fast lane for rIANA egistration of non- 
essential Enumservices
using only expert review and not the full RFC cycle.

#870 DDDS - RFC3404 reserves ALL flag characters
RFC 3404 specifies that all flag characters are reserved "for future  
versions of this document".

#873 Character Set, Case Sensitivity, and NAPTR fields
Character Set, Case Sensitivity, and NAPTR fields. NOTE - This is  
really three inter-related topics. As they are so closely tied  
together I have requested a single ticket.

#874 REGEXP 'i' flag considered harmful
RFC 3402 specifies an 'i' flag that can be applied to the REGEXP  
field. This flag is intended to make AUS matching case insensitive.  
For ENUM, this is not appropriate, as the allowed characters within  
an AUS are all case insensitive.

#875 Only one Enumservice per NAPTR
the syntax for Enumservices given in RFC3761 allows for more then one  
Enumservice to be given, by addiing them with a '+'

#878 experimental ENUM services - clash prevention
ecause of the cumbersome process of ENUMservice registration, more  
and more experimental services are popping up. Contrary to it's  
intended purpose, more and more of those services are used "de facto"  
not only internally, but between different parties. This increases  
the risk of collisions between several different implementations of  
"experimental" ENUMservices, hence creating the need for preventing  
collisions between those services.

    Patrik

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum