Subject: [Enum] Why ticket system?

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 18:47:23 -0600

I have rightfully got private email from people that was not in  
Dallas, and that ask "what is happening".

I send sincere apologies as the one introducing the ticket system  
without explaining more than at the meeting in Dallas.

The ticket system was requested by me, as editor of RFC3761 that  
promised to now start work on RFC 3761bis. To be able to do this, I  
want as editor to know what issues I have to look at before creating  
new versions of the draft.

The ticket system is as you all see accessible, which imply you will  
be able to see all input that people have given to the new version of  
the document.

It is supposed to help to get an open transparent process. Yes, as  
document editor I will close the tickets. I decide why, when and how.  
Just like any editing of a draft. Difference now is that you will see  
all comments, you will be able to see all decisions, etc etc.

I am in coordination with Henrik that do the tools for the IETF, and  
this is a test... It has been tested before, but then (if I  
understand correctly) as a separate ticket system, without  
announcements to the main mailing list.

If it doesn't work, I will turn it off asap! (And only use it for me  
personally...)

     Patrik, Editor of RFC3761bis, NOT speaking as wg co-chair

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum