Subject: [Enum] combined user/infrastucture ENUM proposal - proof of concept implementation - updated to draft-haberler-carrier-enum-02

From: Michael Haberler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 12:27:07 +0100

I've updated the the proof-of-concept C implementation of our draft 
http://www.enum.at/ietf/draft-haberler-carrier-enum-00.html .

Files for perusal: http://mah.priv.at/enum/dist/

The tarball is at: http://mah.priv.at/enum/c-enum-dist.tar.gz

-Michael

--- dist/README :

Combined Carrier and User ENUM under e164.arpa
----------------------------------------------

This is my example implementation of our I-D as outlined in
http://www.enum.at/ietf/draft-haberler-carrier-enum-00.html .

Beyond the described table-driven method this program experimentally
uses the DNS to announce the carrier subdomain location in the
relevant zone itself - for now by an integer value carried in a TXT RR
named 'subdomainlocation' by default.

I've set up a e164.mah.priv.at 'miniworld' under e164.mah.priv.at,
which is publically accessible. If you want to play with your own DNS
setup: the zone files and named.conf fragment used for this are in the
'bind' subdirectory. The zones under mah.priv.at are open also for
zone transfer.

To compile and run the demo (see shell script demo.sh), type

make demo

The expected output is in 'demo.out'.

The demo script executes 4 scenarios, with sample user and carrier
NAPTR records; the latter's location either determined through the
subdomain location table or the DNS TXT RR as described above.

[c.]3.4.e164.mah.priv.at ('c' for 'carrier')
[c.]1.7.5.1.e164.mah.priv.at
[c.]0.1.8.7.8.e164.mah.priv.at
7.[c.]e164.mah.priv.at

Installation notes
------------------

Compiles ok under Linux and cygwin32. Cygwin binary for Windows
supplied, I assume you need to have cygwin32 environment set up for
the DLL's to be present.

I've neither tried to be most efficient, nor are error scenarios
thoroughly checked - this is a proof-of-concept. An example subdomain
location table is compiled in, in real use there would be some other
mechanism to import the table.

The only source file specific to the I-D is c-enum.c, the rest is
support routines mostly for DNS.  I've liberally reused code for DNS
resolution from the iptel.org SIP Express Router distribution -
thanks, guys.

Suggestions/feedback welcome.

Michael Haberler [email-masked] 12-7-2005

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum