Subject: Re: [Enum] Almost complete Agenda for IETF 65 Dallas

From: "Stastny Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 19:05:04 +0100

Dear Co-chair,

I requested some time ago some time on the agenda for the up issue of
our I-D :
 
 "Combined User and Carrier ENUM in the e164.arpa tree" -
draft-haberler-carrier-enum-02.txt .

Abstract:

ENUM as defined now in RFC3761 is not well suited for the purpose of
interconnection by carriers, as can be seen by the use of various
private tree arrangements based on ENUM mechanisms. A combined
end-user and carrier ENUM tree solution would leverage the ENUM
infrastructure in e164.arpa, increase resolution rates, and decrease
the cost per registered telephone number. This document describes a
minimally invasive scheme to provide both end-user and carrier data in ENUM.
 
until it comes out of the queue, the I-D is available at:

http://mah.priv.at/i-d/draft-haberler-carrier-enum-02.txt
http://mah.priv.at/i-d/draft-haberler-carrier-enum-02.html

and the 
 
>General Discussion of Infrastructure ENUM Apex [ 2 years + minimum ]

Adding the proposed agenda times together, only 10 minutes are left for
these two items. I am also getting the slight impression that our esteemed co-chair
is taking this issue not really seriois.
 
Since I am preparing also a presentation (to be submitted soon),
I request at least 10-20 Min
 
Eventually 5 minuntes could be spared from agenda item CNAM
and another 5 from IAX
 
best regards
Richard

________________________________

Von: Richard Shockey [mailto:[email-masked]]
Gesendet: Di 07.03.2006 16:28
An: [email-masked]'
Betreff: [Enum] Almost complete Agenda for IETF 65 Dallas

IETF 65 Dallas Telephone Number Mapping (ENUM) WG Agenda Preliminary

Chair(s):
Patrik Faltstrom <[email-masked]>
Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>

WG Secretary:
Alex Mayrhofer <[email-masked]>

Real Time Applications Infrastructure Area Director(s):
Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Jon Peterson <[email-masked]>

Real Time Applications Infrastructure Area Advisor:
Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>

MONDAY, March 20, 2006
0800-1800 IETF Registration -
0800-0900 Continental Breakfast -
0900-1130 Morning Session I
APP     apparea Applications Area Open Meeting
INT     dna     Detecting Network Attachment WG
OPS     netconf Network Configuration WG
RAI     enum    Telephone Number Mapping WG
RAI     mmusic  Multiparty Multimedia Session Control WG
RTG     mpls    Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
SEC     krb-wg  Kerberos WG

AGENDA BASHING (5 min)

ENUM Implementers Draft: (Final Version) 5 MIN

Title           : ENUM Implementation Issues and Experiences

Title            : ENUM Requirement for EDNS0 Support  ( ??? )

        Title           : Guide and Template for IANA Registrations of
Enumervices                                                     [ 15 M ]
        Author(s)       : J. Livingood, B. Hoeneisen
        Filename        : draft-ietf-enum-enumservices-guide-00.txt
        Pages           : 12
        Date            : 2006-2-27
       
    This document provides a guide to and template for the creation of
    new IANA registration of ENUM services.  It is also to be used for
    updates of existing IANA registrations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-enumservices-guide-00.txt

Title        : IANA Registration for an Enumservice and "tel"   [ 20 Min ]
     Parameter for Calling Name  Delivery(CNAM) Information
     Author(s)    : R. Shockey, J. Livingood
     Filename    : draft-shockey-enum-cnam-00.txt
     Pages        : 10
     Date        : 2006-1-13

    This document registers the Enumservice "cnam" and subtype "tel"
    using the URI scheme 'tel:', as per the IANA registration process
    defined in the ENUM specification, RFC 3761.

    In addition this document registers the parameter "cnam" in the IANA
    "tel" Parameter Registry defined in RFCXXX.  This data is used to
    facilitate the transfer of Calling Name Delivery (CNAM) data for
    calls that originate on the PSTN that may be displayed on VoIP or
    other Real-time Client User Agents (CUA).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shockey-enum-cnam-00.txt

Title           : IANA Registration for IAX Enumservice            [ 15 M ]
        Author(s)       : E. Guy
        Filename        : draft-ietf-enum-iax-00.txt
        Pages           : 13
        Date            : 2006-2-22
       
This document registers the IAX2 (Inter-Asterisk eXchange Version 2)
Enumservice using the URI scheme 'iax2:' as per the IANA registration
process defined in the ENUM specification RFC3761.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-iax-00.txt

Title           : Telephone Number Mapping and Domain Keys  as a Distributed
Identity Infrastructure              [ 15 M ]

        Author(s)       : A. Mayrhofer
        Filename        : draft-mayrhofer-enum-domainkeys-00.txt
        Pages           : 10
        Date            : 2006-2-23
       
    This document creates a decentralized indentity infrastructure by
    combining technology from E.164 Number Mapping (ENUM) and DomainKeys
    Identified Mail (DKIM).  This infrastructure uses E.164 numbers as
    identities, ENUM DNS for key distribution, and leverages the trust
    relations from ENUM validation to actual messages signed by the
    number holder.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mayrhofer-enum-domainkeys-00.txt

  Title        : IANA Registration for Enumservice foaf   [ 15 Min ]

     Author(s)    : K. Reichinger
     Filename    : draft-reichinger-enum-foaf-00.txt
     Pages        : 9
     Date        : 2006-2-15

This memo registers the Enumservice "foaf" using the URI schemes
"http" and "https" according to the IANA Enumservice registration
process defined in RFC3671.  The Enumservice "foaf" is to be used to
refer from an ENUM domain name to the location of a FOAF RDF file
using the corresponding E.164 telephone number.

Clients may use data retrieved from a FOAF RDF file to provide caller
or callee with information available within the Friend-Of-A-Friend
(FOAF) Semantic Web application.  For example, the caller might be
presented with personal information on the callee (e.g. name, gender
and various online attributes) as well as information on the callee's
social context (e.g. relations to friends or colleagues).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reichinger-enum-foaf-00.txt

Title           : A Telephone Number Mapping (ENUM) Service Registration for
Instant Messaging (IM) Services
                                                                                        [ 15 M ]
        Author(s)       : R. Mahy
        Filename        : draft-mahy-enum-im-service-00.txt
        Pages           : 5
        Date            : 2006-2-22
       
This document registers a Telephone Number Mapping (ENUM) service for
Instant Messaging (IM).  Specifically, this document focuses on
provisioning im: URIs in ENUM.

Title           : A Telephone Number Mapping (ENUM) Service Registration for
Internet Calendaring Services                                                    [ 15 M ]

        Author(s)       : R. Mahy
        Filename        : draft-mahy-enum-calendar-service-00.txt
        Pages           : 5
        Date            : 2006-2-23
       
This document registers a Telephone Number Mapping (ENUM) service for
Internet Calendaring Services.  Specifically, this document focuses
on provisioning mailto: (iMIP) and http: (CalDAV) URIs in ENUM.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mahy-enum-calendar-service-00.txt

Title           : Infrastrucure ENUM Requirements
        Author(s)       : S. Lind, P. Pfautz                  [ 20 M ]
        Filename        : draft-ietf-enum-infrastructure-enum-reqs-00.txt
        Pages           : 7
        Date            : 2006-3-6
       
This document provides requirements for "infrastructure" or "carrier"
ENUM, defined as the use of RFC 3761 technology to facilitate
interconnection of networks for E.164 number addressed services, in
particular but not restricted to VoIP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-infrastructure-enum-reqs-00.txt

General Discussion of Infrastructure ENUM Apex [ 2 years + minimum ]

--

Richard Shockey, Director - Member of Technical Staff
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org   sip:57141(at)fwd.pulver.com
ENUM +87810-13313-31331
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile +1 703.593.2683
Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or
<mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
<http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 13:54:40 -0500

> http://mah.priv.at/i-d/draft-haberler-carrier-enum-02.html

I havent seen the 02 draft come across the announce wire but thats not a 
problem ..

> is taking this issue not really seriois.

Its still a tentative schedule. Don't we have any sense of humor left :-)

> I request at least 10-20 Min

you are already there after the requirements

> Eventually 5 minuntes could be spared from agenda item CNAM

Well we'll probably shaving a lot of time off the Registration document 
discussion those time allocations were just preliminary . We hope to 
move most of those through pretty quickly but we do need to clear up 
what is the appropriate URI for CNAM etc.

OK?

--

---

From: Tony Rutkowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 14:37:40 -0500

The subject term seems to have crept into some
of the ENUM related documents.  It is not clear,
however, that the term is one that is actually
defined in a legal sense, and it is imbued with
significant collateral baggage.  The term seems
unneeded in the context of ENUM specifications.

In the IETF "simple is better" vein, perhaps just
"responsible provider" might suffice.  It would
also comport with the recent regulatory actions
such as last year's FCC SBC IS Order.

--tony