Subject: [Enum] United States ENUM Trial (1.e164.arpa) Launches Feburary 21

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 15:46:32 -0500

Press Release  	Source: Country Code 1 ENUM LLC

US ENUM Trial Launches February 21
Friday February 3, 11:33 am ET
Companies Interested in Participating in the Trial Should Plan on 
Attending This Meeting

DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 3, 2006--The Country Code 1 ENUM LLC (LLC) 
today announced the formation of a committee to coordinate testing 
activities among participants in its upcoming US ENUM trial. The first 
meeting of this committee, to be known as the LLC's Trial Participants 
Advisory Committee (TPAC), will take place in Richardson, Texas, on 
February 21, 2006. Companies who have an interest in participating in 
the trial should plan on attending this meeting. Meeting details will be 
posted on the LLC's web site (http://enumllc.com).

The US ENUM trial will be based on the ENUM Forum's "Framework Document 
for a US/CC1 ENUM Trials Program," which can be found at 
http://www.enumf.org/home. The U.S. trial is expected to be conducted 
over a six-month period beginning in March.

Companies wishing to participate can fulfill one or more of the defined 
roles for the trial: Tier 1B Registry, Tier 2 Nameserver Provider, 
Registrar, Authorization Agency, Host Carrier, Application Service 
Provider, and User Registrant. Companies choosing to participate are 
responsible for their own costs and will be expected to sign a 
Memorandum of Understanding with the CC1 ENUM LLC, which will be 
available on the LLC's web site (http://enumllc.com). Several 
telecommunications and Internet companies have already indicated an 
interest in participating.

ENUM is a technology that allows users to combine the resources of the 
Internet with traditional telephony, uniting these two diverse worlds of 
communications and enabling a whole new range of communication 
applications. The ENUM system effectively enables individuals, 
businesses and other organizations to maximize the use of both the 
public Internet and the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) by 
associating telephone numbers with Internet domain names. As a result, 
phone numbers can be used to send traditional telephony services like 
voice calls or faxes which can be converted to packets for delivery to a 
variety of devices.

On December 1, 2005, the U.S. government requested the temporary 
delegation of country code 1 to support an ENUM trial. That request was 
also supported in letters from the Canadian and Jamaican governments. 
Confirmation of the delegation is expected in mid-February, with the US 
ENUM trial expected to start in early March. During the next year, other 
NANP member countries may conduct national ENUM trials as well.

The TPAC will coordinate the various trial activities and report the 
results of the trial to the LLC, which will publish the results and 
report them to various governmental agencies that have been following 
the industry's efforts toward ENUM implementation. The TPAC will be 
chaired by a Project Executive to be contracted for and selected by the LLC.

Additional details and registration information for the meeting on 
February 21 will be posted on the LLC's web site.

About Country Code 1 ENUM LLC

The founding companies of Country Code 1 ENUM LLC are seeking to build a 
commercial implementation consistent with the relevant open standards of 
the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) and the International 
Telecommunication Union (ITU) upon which ENUM is based. The new company 
will help to implement a single, public ENUM system for those nations 
within the NANP that choose to participate. The North American 
implementation of ENUM will adhere to national and industry privacy 
requirements.

Country Code 1 ENUM LLC will manage the public infrastructure that 
translates traditional telephone numbers into Internet domain names, 
combining the reach and capabilities of the Internet with the Public 
Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) to enable new communications capabilities.

Contact:

Karen N. Mulberry
Sr. Project Manager, Numbering
Verizon
Network Architecture & Standards
Office: +1.972.729.7914
Wireless: +1.972.896.8686
Fax: +1.425.963.5445
Pager: +1.800.664.2965

PLEASE NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
Email: [email-masked]

Strategic Advantage, Inc.
Dale Jones, 303-298-9630

-- 

Richard Shockey, Director - Member of Technical Staff
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org   sip:57141(at)fwd.pulver.com
ENUM +87810-13313-31331
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile +1 703.593.2683
Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or
<mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
<http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum