Subject: [Enum] Protocol Action: 'IANA Registration for Enumservice Voice' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 17:11:38 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IANA Registration for Enumservice Voice '
   <draft-ietf-enum-voice-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Telephone Number Mapping Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Allison Mankin and Jon Peterson.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-voice-01.txt-01.txt

Technical Summary
 
   ENUM (E.164 Number Mapping, RFC3761) is a system that transforms
   E.164 numbers into domain names and then uses DNS (Domain Name
   Service, RFC1034) features such as delegation through NS records,
   and the use of NAPTR records, to look up the communication services
   available for a specific domain name.

   This document registers the Enumservice "voice" (which has a defined
   sub-type "tel"), as per the IANA registration process defined in the
   ENUM specification RFC3761.  This service indicates that the contact
   held in the generated URI can be used to initiate an interactive
   voice (audio) call.
 
Working Group Summary
 
 The working group reached consensus to advance this enumservice
  for Proposed Standard status with no difficulty.
 
Protocol Quality

 This specification has been implemented as a prototype.
  
 Allison Mankin reviewed this document for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum