Subject: Re: [Enum] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-enum-vcard-00.txt

From: Alexander Mayrhofer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 09:53:27 +0100

[email-masked] wrote:
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
> This draft is a work item of the Telephone Number Mapping Working Group of the IETF.
> 
> 	Title		: IANA Registration for Enumservice vCard
> 	Author(s)	: A. Mayrhofer, D. Lindner
> 	Filename	: draft-ietf-enum-vcard-00.txt
> 	Pages		: 9
> 	Date		: 2005-11-30

For those who are not going to read this, a short summary of document updates:

- name changed to reflect WG adoption
- Enumservice now uses subtypes
- 4 subtypes defined atm:
   - "vcard:plain" - simple vCard over http(s)
   - "vcard:rdf" - vCard as RDF according to W3C note over http(s)
   - "vcard:xml" - same, but slightly different schema, same W3C note
   - "vcard:sink" - that's an experimental ided: It defines an
     email address where the user of the ENUM domain
     wishes to receive vCards via email. comments appreciated.

I have _not_ (yet) added "vcard:carddav" (draft-daboo-carddav-00.txt) now - 
the author of this draft didn't bother to respond to my mails yet, and 
adding a dependency on this would definitely slow down the progress of the 
Enumservice draft.

I also have _not_ added IRIS since there is currently no way to represent a 
vCard in IRIS (there are, however, ways to represent personal data in IRIS, 
but those would probably be only useful in a more generic "whitepages" 
Enumservice).

I've not modified the security considerations section yet - please send text 
here if you have better ideas than what is currently in the draft.

Feedback is of course appreciated - i'd like to get a feeling if the 
subtypes chosen reflect what the group considers useful.

thanks

alex

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum