Subject: [Enum] Reminder to ID authors.

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 03:49:51 -0500

Documents approved as WG items in Vancouver etc should be resubmitted in 
the official manner of draft-ietf-enum-name-version00.txt as soon a 
reasonably possible so we can get them in the document tracking mechanism.

Copies of ID submitted as WG items for the first time .. aka .00.txt 
versions must be submitted to the chairs so they can approve their 
submission to the ID editors.

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: "Peter Williams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 09:42:36 -0800

>From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
>To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
>Subject: [Enum] Reminder to ID authors.
>Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 03:49:51 -0500

>submission to the ID editors.

Which is not to say, I hope, that the chair is attempt to supress/approve 
the contribution of individually-sponsored IDs on ENUM topics?

Lets recall that all individuals have IETF rights to use the internet draft 
directories, not only WG members (and the WG chairs).

Mailing list members (who are NOT the WG, remember) are entitled to discuss 
individual contributions note, with or without chair/AD topic approval 
(within limits).

Lots of political consensus processes are served by this IETF "right of open 
publication/discussion" feature, especially when there are schisms over 
approaches to problems. its a uniquely American feature of open forum 
standards making; an IETF tradition thats well-worth preserving and - indeed 
- fostering.

Peter.

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 13:57:11 -0500

No, Peter, no devious political agenda here -- just implementation of 
the WG's right to decide which documents are WG items.  The I-D editor 
will not accept -00 draft-ietf-<wg> documents without the Chair's approval.

Peter Williams wrote:
> Which is not to say, I hope, that the chair is attempt to 
> supress/approve the contribution of individually-sponsored IDs on ENUM 
> topics?
> 
> Lets recall that all individuals have IETF rights to use the internet 
> draft directories, not only WG members (and the WG chairs).
> 
> Mailing list members (who are NOT the WG, remember) are entitled to 
> discuss individual contributions note, with or without chair/AD topic 
> approval (within limits).
> 
> Lots of political consensus processes are served by this IETF "right of 
> open publication/discussion" feature, especially when there are schisms 
> over approaches to problems. its a uniquely American feature of open 
> forum standards making; an IETF tradition thats well-worth preserving 
> and - indeed - fostering.
> 
> Peter.
> 
> 
>