Subject: [Enum] [Fwd: RFC 4143 on Facsimile Using Internet Mail (IFAX) Service of ENUM]

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 20:51:04 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RFC 4143 on Facsimile Using Internet Mail (IFAX) Service of ENUM
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 15:17:59 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

         RFC 4143

         Title:      Facsimile Using Internet Mail (IFAX) Service of
                     ENUM
         Author(s):  K. Toyoda, D. Crocker
         Status:     Standards Track
         Date:       November 2005
         Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
         Pages:      5
         Characters: 8642
         Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

         I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-fax-faxservice-enum-03.txt

         URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4143.txt

This document describes the functional specification and definition of
the ENUM Naming Authority Pointer (NAPTR) record for IFax service.
IFax is "facsimile using Internet mail".  For this use, the Domain
Name System (DNS) returns the email address of the referenced IFax
system.  This mechanism allows email-based fax communication to use
telephone numbers instead of requiring the sender to already know the
recipient email address.

This document is a product of the Internet Fax Working Group of the
IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

         To: [email-masked]
         Subject: getting rfcs

         help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.

-- 

Richard Shockey, Director - Member of Technical Staff
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org   sip:57141(at)fwd.pulver.com
ENUM +87810-13313-31331
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile +1 703.593.2683
Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or
<mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
<http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum