Subject: [Enum] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-conroy-enum-edns0-00.txt]

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:40:47 -0400

-------- Original Message --------

Subject:

I-D ACTION:draft-conroy-enum-edns0-00.txt

Date:

Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:50:01 -0400

From:

[email-masked]

Reply-To:

[email-masked]

To:

[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

Title : ENUM Requirement for EDNS0 Support
Author(s) : L. Conroy, J. Reid
Filename : draft-conroy-enum-edns0-00.txt
Pages : 16
Date : 2005-10-10

This document mandates support for EDNS0 (Extension Mechanisms for
DNS) in DNS entities claiming to support ENUM query resolution. This
requirement is needed as DNS responses to ENUM-related questions
return large RRSets. Without EDNS0 support in all the involved
entities, a fallback to TCP transport for ENUM queries and responses
would typically occur. That has a severe impact on DNS Server load,
and on latency of ENUM queries.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-conroy-enum-edns0-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
"get draft-conroy-enum-edns0-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
[email-masked].
In the body type:
"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-conroy-enum-edns0-00.txt".

NOTE: The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility. To use this
feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
command. To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
a MIME-compliant mail reader. Different MIME-compliant mail readers
exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

--

Richard Shockey, Director - Member of Technical Staff
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza - Sterling, VA 20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org sip:57141(at)fwd.pulver.com
ENUM +87810-13313-31331
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile +1 703.593.2683
Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or
<mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
<http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum