Subject: RE: [Enum] ENUM Working Group Last call on IANA Registration for Enumservice Voice

From: "Livingood, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 10:59:29 -0400

> Your comments bring me to the idea of making a "template" 
> with guidelines for future ENUM service registrations. This 
> would make it easier for the authors to write those and 
> easier for the reader to understand. What do you (and other 
> folks) think about?

I think it is a great idea! 

Jason

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:13:40 -0400

> I think it is a great idea! 

So do I ! Write it up !

-- 

Richard Shockey, Director - Member of Technical Staff
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org   sip:57141(at)fwd.pulver.com
ENUM +87810-13313-31331
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile +1 703.593.2683
Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or
<mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
<http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

---

From: Alexander Mayrhofer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:20:54 +0200

> I think it is a great idea! 

i agree.

when writing draft-mayrhofer-enum-vcard-00 i looked at various other 
enumservice registrations, and tried to combine their "look and feel" into 
the document. What took me the most time was the "Security Considerations" 
section, so i think a few generic sentences about Enumservice security 
considerations would be most valuable.

I also think that an "Example" section should be mandatory in Enumservice 
registrations, probably a "User experience" section as well? (The "user 
experience" section is a bit twofold: It could help achieving a more 
consistent user experience, but it could also hinder implementors who use 
the enumservice in a probably more innovative way than the author imagined - 
any comments on such a section?)

Anyway, if someone goes for a template document, feel free to peruse 
whatever makes sense from my draft.

cheers

Alex

---

From: Michael Haberler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 22:44:34 +0200

At 17:20 18.10.2005, Alexander Mayrhofer wrote:

>I also think that an "Example" section should be mandatory in 
>Enumservice registrations, probably a "User experience" section as 
>well? (The "user experience" section is a bit twofold: It could help 
>achieving a more consistent user experience, but it could also 
>hinder implementors who use the enumservice in a probably more 
>innovative way than the author imagined - any comments on such a section?)

I would go a step further and suggest a requirement to define the 
operational semantics of the enumservice interpretation.

example: i.e. if you see this URI, these steps are supposed to happen 
1).., 2)... 3)...

-Michael

ps: that's a hint for the folks "defining" enumservices, leaving that 
part out, and cause headscratching years on end on this and other 
lists... servus Richard!!