Subject: RE: [Enum] A proposal for Carrier ENUM

From: "Pfautz, Penn L, NEO" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 10:00:15 -0400

Otmar:
Thanks. As long as the ported-to carrier is indicated in the NRA
database that is enough for determining the carrier of record for
carrier ENUM.

Penn 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Otmar Lendl
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 9:41 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Enum] A proposal for Carrier ENUM

On 2005/10/11 15:10, "Pfautz, Penn L, NEO" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>                                            Maybe some of those whose
> countries use "onward routing" etc. can confirm
> whether there is any centralized database outside of the network
> detailing those arrangements. 

Austria uses onward routing for fixed line NP. There is no centralized
DB which shows which number has been ported to whom.

The NRA only keeps tabs on what number have been ported, but this
DB does not include the information necessary to route calls.

/ol
-- 
< Otmar Lendl ([email-masked]) | nic.at Systems Engineer >

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: Otmar Lendl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 16:35:00 +0200

>From what I've heard from our NRA, they just use a flag "This number
has been ported", but they do not keep track on where the number
was ported to.

So they have no idea who the carrier of record is for ported numbers.

(Don't ask me why they do it this way. I don't get it, too.)

/ol

---

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 10:47:36 -0400

Otmar Lendl wrote:

Otmar:

Ask the incumbent Austrian Carrier. :-)   I know why they want it that
way ...there isnt an incumbent carrier on the face of planet Earth that
likes Number Portability and none of them wants to make it easier to
implement or maintain.

/ol

--

Richard Shockey, Director - Member of Technical Staff
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza - Sterling, VA 20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org sip:57141(at)fwd.pulver.com
ENUM +87810-13313-31331
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile +1 703.593.2683
Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or
<mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
<http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<