Subject: [Enum] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-haberler-carrier-enum-01.txt]

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 11:48:13 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-haberler-carrier-enum-01.txt
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:50:02 -0400
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Combined User and Carrier ENUM in the e164.arpa tree
	Author(s)	: M. Haberler, R. Stastny
	Filename	: draft-haberler-carrier-enum-01.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2005-10-21
	
ENUM as defined now in RFC3761 [1] is not well suited for the purpose
    of interconnection by carriers, as can be seen by the use of various
    private tree arrangements based on ENUM mechanisms.  A combined end-
    user and carrier ENUM tree solution would leverage the ENUM
    infrastructure in e164.arpa, increase resolution rates, and decrease
    the cost per registered telephone number.  This document describes a
    minimally invasive scheme to provide both end-user and carrier data
    in ENUM.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-haberler-carrier-enum-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-haberler-carrier-enum-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-haberler-carrier-enum-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

-- 

Richard Shockey, Director - Member of Technical Staff
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org   sip:57141(at)fwd.pulver.com
ENUM +87810-13313-31331
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile +1 703.593.2683
Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or
<mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
<http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum