Subject: [Enum] IETF 43 Vancouver Agenda Items

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:15:02 -0400

This is what I have so far. 

Of note Alex Mayhofer will be joining the podium as our new ENUM WG 
Secretary ... his first job will be the taking and management of the WG 
Minutes and assisting the chairs in ID document NIT review and processing.

IETF 64  Telephone Number Mapping (ENUM) WG Agenda (Proposed)

Chair(s):
Patrik Faltstrom <[email-masked]> <mailto:[email-masked]>
Richard Shockey <[email-masked]> 
<mailto:[email-masked]>

WG Secretary(ies):
Alex Mayrhofer <[email-masked]>

Transport Area Director(s):
Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>
Jon Peterson <[email-masked]>

Transport Area Advisor:
Allison Mankin  <[email-masked]> <mailto:[email-masked]>

(Tentative)  TUESDAY, November 8, 2005

1740-1840 Afternoon Session III
TSV  enum       Telephone Number Mapping WG

AGENDA BASHING (5 min)

1. Ready to Go Items.

A. ENUM Implementers Draft: (Final Version) +

B. Title : ENUM Requirement for EDNS0 Support

	Author(s)	: L. Conroy, J. Reid
	Filename	: draft-conroy-enum-edns0-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2005-10-10
	
   This document mandates support for EDNS0 (Extension Mechanisms for
   DNS) in DNS entities claiming to support ENUM query resolution.  This
   requirement is needed as DNS responses to ENUM-related questions
   return large RRSets.  Without EDNS0 support in all the involved
   entities, a fallback to TCP transport for ENUM queries and responses
   would typically occur.  That has a severe impact on DNS Server load,
   and on latency of ENUM queries.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-conroy-enum-edns0-00.txt

2. New Work Items.

A. Title		: IANA Registration for Enumservice vCard
	Author(s)	: A. Mayrhofer, D. Lindner
	Filename	: draft-mayrhofer-enum-vcard-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2005-10-5
	
   This memo registers the Enumservice "vCard" using the URI schemes
   "http" and "https" according to the IANA Enumservice registration
   process described in RFC3671.  This Enumservice is to be used to
   refer from an ENUM domain name to the vCard of the entity using the
   corresponding E.164 number.

   Clients may use information gathered from those vCards before, during
   or after inbound or outbound communication takes place.  For example,
   a callee might be presented with the name and association of the
   caller before he picks up the call.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mayrhofer-enum-vcard-00.txt

B. ENUM API In the hopper

3 Old Items:

A. Carier ENUM Requirements?

B IANA Registration for PSTN Signalling Information

C. Validation Drafts

Title		        : ENUM Validation Architecture
	Author(s)	: A. Mayrhofer, B. Hoeneisen
	Filename	: draft-ietf-enum-validation-arch-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2005-10-6
	
   An ENUM domain name is tightly coupled with the underlying E.164
   number.  The process of verifying whether or not the Registrant of an
   ENUM domain name is identical to the Assignee of the corresponding
   E.164 number is commonly called "validation".  This document
   describes validation requirements and a high level architecture for
   an ENUM validation infrastructure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-validation-arch-00.txt

Title		: ENUM Validation Token Format Definition
	Author(s)	: O. Lendl
	Filename	: draft-ietf-enum-validation-token-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2005-10-10
	
   An ENUM domain name is tightly coupled with the underlying E.164
   number.  The process of verifying whether the Registrant of an ENUM
   domain name is identical to the Assignee of the corresponding E.164
   number is commonly called "validation".  This document describes an
   signed XML data format -- the Validation Token -- with which
   Validation Entities can convey successful completion of a validation
   procedure in a secure fashion.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-validation-token-00.txt

4. Recharter Discussion

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum