Subject: AW: [Enum] ENUM silence - how's the re-charter coming?

From: "Stastny Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 13:06:22 +0200

Bernie,
 
minor correction:
 
acions by the ENUM WG chairs, tend to take more time than elsewhere.
                             ^^^^^^
c/WG chairs/AD/
 
-richard

________________________________

Von: [email-masked] im Auftrag von Bernie Hoeneisen
Gesendet: Mo 05.09.2005 12:38
An: Pfautz, Penn L, NEO
Cc: [email-masked]; Peterson, Jon; Allison Mankin
Betreff: Re: [Enum] ENUM silence - how's the re-charter coming?

Penn,

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, Pfautz, Penn L, NEO wrote:

> You remind me of an essential point: WHERE ARE WE ON THE
> RE-CHARTER of the ENUM WG to INCLUDE CARRIER ENUM!?
>
> This really needs be happening now.

Hey man! Take it easy...! ;-)

It is kind of an unwritten law that ENUM WG processes, which involve
acions by the ENUM WG chairs, tend to take more time than elsewhere.
To give you a rough idea on how much time this could be: For a simple
ENUM WG chair approval of a new WG document, I have been waiting already
for more than two months (and I am still waiting)...
So, now you can start extrapolating...;-)

Have fun and good luck!

cheers,
  Bernie

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 12:06:56 -0400

Stastny Richard wrote:

Bernie,

minor correction:

The WG chairs have submitted a recharter proposal to the AD's several
weeks ago ..we are waiting for a response.

You know Bernie .. I told you what was going on ... I've informed the
ID editors of the status of your document.

I dont control the ID editors

I suggested you go ahead and resubmit the document..( which you did not
do) and you still are whining.

I'm getting a little ticked off.

Have fun and good luck!

cheers,
Bernie

--

Richard Shockey, Director - Member of Technical Staff
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza - Sterling, VA 20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org sip:57141(at)fwd.pulver.com
ENUM +87810-13313-31331
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile +1 703.593.2683
Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or
<mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
<http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

---

From: Robert Schafer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 14:10:41 -0500

We support IETF moving forward in a timely fashion with the ENUM WG's
re-charter efforts related to Carrier ENUM (i.e., supporting WG
activities at IETF #64).

Thank you,
Robert W Schafer, MCI Network Architecture & Standards
2400 N Glenville Dr,Richardson,TX 75082/Ofc +1972 7296125
This message is privileged, confidential and not for
public use. If received in error, please delete it.
_ _

---

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 15:41:27 -0400

> re-charter efforts related to Carrier ENUM (i.e., supporting WG

No thank you all. Expressions of support for a rechartering effort such 
as this are important .. it is August so our AD's may be still be 
relaxing on some remote beach. The chairs will continue to press the issue.

Just a reminder to the list of the importance here.  To repeat what I 
posted to the list on Aug 19.

"  The Chairs want to make it explicitly clear that ultimate acceptance 
of Carrier / Private ENUM related drafts are fundamentally Dependant 
upon WG recharter.

This task has been long over due.

The Chairs are now actively engaged in the task of drafting language to 
the AD's/ IESG incorporating the wishes of the WG to move forward on 
these issues including specific Goals and Milestones.

In addition there is a clear relationship of our efforts to the emerging 
discussions coming out of the voipeer BOF that must be taken into 
consideration.

That said the spirited discussion within the ENUM WG to date and in 
tandem with the voipeer community should indicate the general consensus 
on where a recharter should be focused on. "

--