Subject: [Enum] GnuGK works with ENUM and H.323-URLs

From: Bernie Hoeneisen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 12:31:03 +0200 (CEST)

Dear ENUMers!

For those, who are interested in ENUM and (H.323) Videoconferencing:

We can just confirm that the latest GnuGK [1] can deal with ENUM NAPTR 
records containing a H.323 URL [2], and routes the sessions to the correct 
destination.

For this purpose we have set up a test environment for our 
Videoconferencing Infrastructure [3] (Videoconferencing implementations 
are still mostly based on H.323) and looked into different scenarios.

We hope that the commercial vendors of videoconferencing devices soon
follow the approach of the Open Source community and build in ENUM support 
into their products.

Furthermore we are still looking for an ENUM enabled gateway, which 
handles the interconnection between SIP and H.323 videoconferencing 
correctly. There are many products, that can handle this correctly for 
voice only sessions (e.g. Asterisk [4]), but as soon as video comes into 
the game, it gets tricky....

Best regards,
  B. Hoeneisen, Switch, Project Manager ENUM

References:

  [1] http://www.gnugk.org/
  [2] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3762.txt
  [3] http://www.switch.ch/econf/html/vconf_main.html
  [4] http://www.asterisk.org/

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum