Subject: RE: : [Enum] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-enum-iris-ereg-01.txt

From: "Pfautz, Penn L, NEO" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 05:41:09 -0400

Maybe I'm just woozy this morning or missed some of the discussion but I
have a couple of questions in advance of tomorrow's WG:

1. In section 3.2.3 
 a) why is the E.164 number shown with a "." between country code and
the NSN?
 b)should I be thinking of the nameservers here as Tier 1 or Tier 2?
 c) I'm not sure about the relevance of carriers. In fact the types
listed seem to leave out the only one that's potentially important -
i.e. the number issuing carrier. (if that's intended to be "line", then
I would suggest renaming.

2. in 3.2.4, is the host Tier 1 or Tier 2? If Tier 2 how is the IP
address kept updated?
Is there a latent requirement for Tier 2 to tell the Registrar?

Thanks,
Penn Pfautz
AT&T

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum