Subject: [Enum] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-enum-experiences-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 15:50:50 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Telephone Number Mapping Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: ENUM Implementation Issues and Experiences
	Author(s)	: L. Conroy, K. Fujiwara
	Filename	: draft-ietf-enum-experiences-02.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 2005-7-1
	
This document captures experience in implementing systems based on
   the ENUM protocol, and experience of ENUM data that have been created
   by others.  As such, it is informational only, and produced as a help
   to others in reporting what is "out there" and the potential pitfalls
   in interpreting the set of documents that specify the protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-experiences-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
i-d-announce-request at ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-enum-experiences-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-experiences-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-experiences-02.txt>

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
enum at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: lconroy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 17:29:03 -0400

Hi Folks,
 this new version of the experiences draft has:
- fixed typos detected by my eagle eyed co-author,
- added clarification on the use of non-URI characters in the REGEXP 
field (& use of IRIs),
- updated the URI generic syntax reference to the new RFC, and finally
- I added a very small clarification of what SHOULD be obvious 
(especially to "liberals"):
    If you receive a compound NAPTR and you don't handle one of the 
Enumservices
    it contains, then persevere, discarding the NAPTR only if your 
client supports
    NONE of its Enumservices.

Note: This version has NOT covered the discussions we have had on (and 
off) list [in Miami]
      on Carrier ENUM, slum clearance, and non-final NAPTRs
      - that will await the sterling work of others, after which we can 
reflect
        the final agreed position as needed.

all the best,
  Lawrence
On 1 Jul 2005, at 20:50, Internet-Drafts at ietf.org wrote:
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Telephone Number Mapping Working 
Group of the IETF.

	Title		: ENUM Implementation Issues and Experiences
	Author(s)	: L. Conroy, K. Fujiwara
	Filename	: draft-ietf-enum-experiences-02.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 2005-7-1
---------------------------------------
lawrence conroy    |tel:+44-1794-833666
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
enum at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum