Subject: Re: [Enum] Enum and Bind?

From: Arnold Ligtvoet <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 19:00:16 -0400

Derrick D. Daugherty wrote:
hmm, your two examples look ok but my first guess was the missing
terminating . on your entry.
The last "." is actually on the next line in my email.
mabye check the bind logs to make sure it's ok when loading the zone and
noticed the changes...
The syslog gives me no errors and the zone loads.
also  dig -t axfr e164.lleto.lan @yourNS
Tried that and it gave me:
*.2.1.7.2.6.1.4.4.e164.lleto.lan. 15 IN NAPTR   100 10 "u" "E2U+sip"
"!^\\+(.*)$!sip:\\1 at example_c.co.uk!" .
*.8.4.4.0.7.4.4.e164.lleto.lan. 604800 IN NAPTR 100 10 "u" "E2U+sip"
"!^\\+(.*)$!sip:\\1 at example_a.co.uk!" .
8.4.4.0.8.4.4.0.7.4.4.e164.lleto.lan. 604800 IN NAPTR 100 10 "u"
"E2U+sip" "!^\\+(.*)$!sip:\\1 at axample_b.co.uk!" .
and it should return all entries provided you allow transfers to that
client.   iirc axfr's will also xfer the errors so you should be able to
see if the records look wrong.
Records look fine, no errors reported.
i'm doing these sort of wildcard matches and more-specific matches and
it works as expected.  bind8 and 9.  it should work so my guess is
syntax mishap in the zone file.
The example_c lookup works fine, the specific telephone number does so
as well. The block +4470448xxxx does not work at all (except for the
specific number at example_b). Probably I'm missing something small and
stupid here. Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Arnold Ligtvoet.
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
enum at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

---

From: Arnold Ligtvoet <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 19:19:38 -0400

Peter Koch wrote:
*.8.4.4.0.7.4.4.e164.lleto.lan. 604800 IN NAPTR 100 10 "u" "E2U+sip"
"!^\\+(.*)$!sip:\\1 at example_a.co.uk!" .
8.4.4.0.8.4.4.0.7.4.4.e164.lleto.lan. 604800 IN NAPTR 100 10 "u"
"E2U+sip" "!^\\+(.*)$!sip:\\1 at axample_b.co.uk!" .
are you aware that the second RR will effectively make the wildcard *not*
work for anything below (and including) 0.8.4.4.0.7.4.4.e164.lleto.lan. ?
Nope I'm not. I'm trying to figure out how I should enter this in valid 
'DNS speak' coming from a telecoms background. Any tips/pointers on how 
to solve this are very welcome.

Thanks,
Arnold.