Subject: [Enum] Nearly Final Agenda items for IETF 63 Paris

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 17:25:51 -0400

NO we don't know the slot yet..
IETF 63  Telephone Number Mapping (ENUM) WG Agenda
Chair(s):
Patrik Faltstrom <paf at cisco.com>
Richard Shockey <rich.shockey at neustar.biz>
Transport Area Advisor:
Allison Mankin  <mankin at psg.com>
Mailing Lists:
General Discussion:enum at ietf.org
To Subscribe: enum-request at ietf.org
In Body: subscribe
Archive: ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf-mail-archive/enum/
AGENDA BASHING (5 min)
The chairs have requested a 2 1/2 hour slot we have a very very full 
agenda. We are going to divide the slot into two parts ..first 1 hour for 
existing and new drafts not related to the "carrier ENUM" issues and then 
the last hour 1/2 to the carrier ENUM drafts and related materials plus 
general discussion of the implications of this for rechartering the WG and 
our thinking on the voippeer BOF which clearly it going to touch on all the 
issues we have raised internally.

1. Review of the existing drafts - Ready to go top Last call  ( 5-10 M ? )
Title           : ENUM Implementation Issues and Experiences
        Author(s)       : L. Conroy, K. Fujiwara
        Filename        : draft-ietf-enum-experiences-02.txt
        Pages           : 29
        Date            : 2005-7-1
This document captures experience in implementing systems based on
   the ENUM protocol, and experience of ENUM data that have been created
   by others.  As such, it is informational only, and produced as a help
   to others in reporting what is "out there" and the potential pitfalls
   in interpreting the set of documents that specify the protocol.
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-experiences-02.txt
3. Final disposition of  IRIS EREG, hopefully to last call. ( 5 Min? )
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-newton-iris-ereg-00.txt

4. New/old  work on enumservice registrations  ( 20 M )

        Title           : IANA Registration for Enumservice Voice
        Author(s)       : R. Brandner, et al.
        Filename        : draft-brandner-enum-voice-00.txt
        Pages           : 12
        Date            : 2005-7-7
   This document registers the ENUMservice ^voice^ (which has a defined
   sub-type ^tel^), as per the IANA registration process defined in the
   ENUM specification RFC3761.  This service indicates that the contact
   held in the generated URI can be used to initiate an interactive
   voice (audio) call.
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brandner-enum-voice-00.txt

        Title           : IANA Registration for an Enumservice
                          Containing Number Portability and PSTN
                          Signaling Information
        Author(s)       : J. Livingood, R. Shockey
        Filename        : draft-livingood-shockey-enum-npd-00.txt
        Pages           : 8
        Date            : 2005-7-8
   This document registers the Enumservice "npd" and subtype "tel" using
   the URI scheme 'tel:' as per the IANA registration process defined in
   the ENUM specification, RFC 3761.  This data is used to facilitate
   the routing of telephone calls in those countries where Number
   Portability exists.
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-livingood-shockey-enum-npd-00.txt

        Title           : IANA Registration for ENUMservice Mobile Webpage
        Author(s)       : J. Ra, et al.
        Filename        : draft-ra-shin-enum-mobileweb-00.txt
        Pages           :
        Date            : 2005-7-7
   This document registers the ENUMservice ^mobweb^ using the URI
   schemes 'http:' and 'https:' as per the IANA registration process
   defined in the ENUM specification RFC3761.
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ra-shin-enum-mobileweb-00.txt

ENUM Validation Issues. 3 Drafts 15 -20
A. ENUM Validation Architecture      draft-mayrhofer-enum-validation-arch-00
B. "ENUM Validation Token Format Definition" - 
draft-lendl-enum-validation-token-00.txt

Abstract:
 An ENUM domain name is tightly coupled with the underlying E.164
 number.  The process of verifying whether the Registrant of an ENUM
 domain name is identical to the Assignee of the corresponding E.164
 number is commonly called "validation". This document describes an
 signed XML data format -- the Validation Token -- with which Validation
 Entities can convey successful completion of a validation procedure in
 a secure fashion.
This is a companion I-D to draft-mayrhofer-enum-validation-arch-00
which defines requirements and the overall architecture.
The draft is also available on our web page at:
 http://www.enum.at/ietf/draft-lendl-enum-validation-token-00.html
 http://www.enum.at/ietf/draft-lendl-enum-validation-token-00.txt
C. Bernie Hoeneisen
  http://ietf.hoeneisen.ch/draft-ietf-enum-validation-epp-00.txt
  http://ietf.hoeneisen.ch/draft-ietf-enum-validation-epp-00.html
#################
PART 2  1/2 hours. 3 Items
#################
Discussion of Pfautz etal drafts on Carrier ENUM - Requirements ?
 Title           : IANA Carrier/User enumservice Registration
        Author(s)       : P. Pfautz, et al.
        Filename        : draft-pfautz-lind-enum-carrier-user-00.txt
        Pages           : 10
        Date            : 2005-6-6
This document registers, pursuant to the guidelines in RFC 3761,
   tElephone NUmber Mapping (ENUM) services to allow a single registry
   to support end user and carrier services with independent name
   servers holding the terminal NAPTR (Naming Authority Pointer) records
   identifying the communication services for each.  The to-be-
   registered enumservices make use of non-terminal NAPTR records and
   DDDS (Dynamic Delegation Discovery System) replacement to achieve
   this end.
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pfautz-lind-enum-carrier-user-00.txt

"Combined User and Carrier ENUM in the e164.arpa tree"
 draft-haberler-carrier-enum-00.txt .
Abstract:
ENUM as defined now in RFC3761 is not well suited for the purpose of 
interconnection by carriers, as can be seen by the use of various private 
tree arrangements based on ENUM mechanisms. A combined end-user and carrier 
ENUM tree solution would leverage the ENUM infrastructure in e164.arpa, 
increase resolution rates, and decrease the cost per registered telephone 
number. This document describes a minimally invasive scheme to provide both 
end-user and carrier data in ENUM.

The draft is also available on our web page at:
http://www.enum.at/ietf/draft-haberler-carrier-enum-00.txt
http://www.enum.at/ietf/draft-haberler-carrier-enum-00.html

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

        Title           : Non-Terminal NAPTR Processing: A Modest Proposal
        Author(s)       : L. Conroy
        Filename        : draft-conroy-enum-modestproposal-00.txt
        Pages           : 12
        Date            : 2005-7-6
   Recent Discussions within the IETF and in other fora have highlighted
   differences in interpretation of the set of standards associated with
   ENUM and DDDS, on which it relies.  Specifically, the operation and
   semantics surrounding support for non-terminal NAPTRs has led to some
   confusion.  This document is an attempt to add clarification to non-
   terminal NAPTR processing.  In this, it clarifies RFC3403.  A
   subsequent document will build on this one to extend RFC3761 further,
   permitting registration of non-terminal Enumservices.
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-conroy-enum-modestproposal-00.txt

6.  Discussion of ENUM WG recharter ?

Richard Shockey, Director - Member of Technical Staff
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org   sip:57141 at fwd.pulver.com
ENUM +87810-13313-31331
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or <mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
<http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
enum at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum