Subject: RE: [Enum] What is "carrier ENUM"?

From: "Pfautz, Penn L, NEO" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 16:22:28 -0400

Thanks for the report. From what I've read I can see that we do differ
in what carrier ENUM means. In particular, I would NOT restrict the
query access to a set of operators. Any restrictions I would see as
being further on in the call processing chain.
There will be (are) private ENUM arrangements that contain DNS query
restrictions and I understand the argument that such arrangements don't
belong in the same domain (e164.arpa) as user ENUM. The AT&T/Comcast
proposal is about a different animal.

Penn Pfautz

-----Original Message-----
From: enum-bounces at ietf.org [mailto:enum-bounces at ietf.org] On Behalf Of
fujiwara at jprs.co.jp
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 11:52 AM
To: paf at cisco.com
Cc: enum at ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Enum] What is "carrier ENUM"?

Hello, 

I think we should have a same understanding about user ENUM and carrier
ENUM.

In JAPAN ENUM Study Group, we discussed about User ENUM and
Operator(=Carrier) ENUM. We could not reach one conclusion.
Then, we compared this two approach and we made a report.

Please check our report and comment to us.

       http://www.nic.ad.jp/en/enum/ENUMReport.pdf

  at 30-38 pages.

I'm happy if this report helps mutual understanding.

In my opinion, User ENUM and Operator ENUM are too different and two
records cannot be in same domainname.

--
Fujiwara, Kazunori	JPRS

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
enum at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
enum at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum