Subject: [Enum] New I/D concerning ENUM validation architecture submitted

From: Bernie Hoeneisen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:22:36 -0400

Dear ENUM WG,
Axel and me have written an I/D, which we consider as the basis for the 
ENUM validation work currently carried out in the IETF. In this I/D we 
describe e.g. requirements, ENUM Provisioning Model and Roles, Validation 
Process Assumptions, and so on. The I/D also reflects experiences 
from our running implementations.

This document can also be used as an introduction to ENUM domain name 
provisioning and in particular to ENUM validation related processes.

Until it appears in the archieves, this I/D can also be downloaded from:
* http://www.enum.at/ietf/draft-mayrhofer-enum-validation-arch-00.txt
* http://www.enum.at/ietf/draft-mayrhofer-enum-validation-arch-00.html
Abstract
An ENUM domain name is tightly coupled with the underlying E.164 number. The 
process of verifying whether or not the Registrant of an ENUM domain name is 
identical to the Assignee of the corresponding E.164 number is commonly called 
"validation". This document describes validation requirements and a high level 
architecture for an ENUM validation infrastructure.

cheers,
 Axel & Bernie
_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
enum at ietf.org
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum